weblogic.common.internal.VersioningError: No WebLogic packages defined in CLASSPATH

Tom Muldoon

Jul 11, 2002, 8:08:17 AM7/11/02

I have run into a weird problem re. getting my InitialContext that occurs if and only
if I have a java.lang.SecurityManager installed (ie, -Djava.lang.security). I have
searched through the news groups and while I've found mention of this same error,
I haven't yet seen a solution that addresses the problem.

Note, weblogic610.jar is in my CLASSPATH. Here are the contents
of the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file:

Manifest-version: 1.0
Implementation-Vendor: BEA Systems
Implementation-Title: WebLogic Server 6.1 07/23/2001 22:31:20 #129251
Implementation-Version: 6.1.0.0
Class-Path: xmlx.jar ejb20.jar

Here is the exception (at least the first few lines of it):

weblogic.common.internal.VersioningError: No WebLogic packages defined in CLASSPATH
at weblogic.common.internal.VersionInfo.<init>(VersionInfo.java:38)
at weblogic.common.internal.VersionInfo.initialize(VersionInfo.java:76)
at weblogic.kernel.Kernel.initialize(Kernel.java:103)
at weblogic.kernel.Kernel.ensureInitialized(Kernel.java:82)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.<init>(WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.java:161)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialContextFactory.java:119)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(Unknown Source)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(Unknown Source)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(Unknown Source)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.lightbridge.security.auth.LbEJBAuthenticationService.getInitialContext(LbEJBAuthenticationService.java:151)
at com.lightbridge.security.auth.LbEJBAuthenticationService.getAuthenticationServiceHome(LbEJBAuthenticationService.java:205)
at com.lightbridge.security.auth.LbEJBAuthenticationService.getAuthenticationService(LbEJBAuthenticationService.java:236)
at com.lightbridge.security.auth.LbEJBAuthenticationService.authenticate(LbEJBAuthenticationService.java:113)
at com.lightbridge.security.auth.LbAuthenticator.authenticate(LbAuthenticator.java:62)
at com.lightbridge.security.auth.LbAuthenticator.authenticate(LbAuthenticator.java:34)
at com.lightbridge.rms.client.security.auth.RmsLoginModule.login(RmsLoginModule.java:149)