how to deploy ejb with dependent jars

Venkat V

Dec 3, 2002, 2:33:20 PM12/3/02

Hi
I am trying to deploy a ejb into WEBLOGIC 6.1
I have the following structure

c:\testapp\deploy as the root and the following with in the root folder

ejb/test/app/test.class
ejb/test/app/testHome.class
ejb/test/app/testBean.class
ejb/META-INF/ejb-jar.xml
ejb/META-INF/weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
META-INF/application.xml

I have a testdep.jar file required by the ejb. I have that in the Class path of
the weblogic startup script.
However If I want to remove it from the startu[p script and still be able to reference
in the ejb where should I place it. Do I have to create some other directory with
standard name? i am deploying the ejb in exploded form.

Thanx

Rob Woollen

Dec 3, 2002, 9:42:05 PM12/3/02
You should have a Manifest Class-Path entry for the jar.

Basically you'd put the jar say in my.jar

and you'd have a META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file that looked like this:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Class-Path: my.jar

-- Rob

Venkat V

Dec 4, 2002, 10:29:46 AM12/4/02

I try to do the following but with out luck. I copied a maifest.mf file and the
jar file into the META-INF folder. I have the following in the manifest.mf
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: 1.3.1_04 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Class-Path: TPUtils.jar

the first two lines were generated and i copied the last line and I got the following
error. I am runiing the application in exploded format.

EJB : CUBean .Unable to initialize method info for remote or home interface.The
error is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/towers/bas/utils/TPData
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:111)

Deepak Vohra

Dec 5, 2002, 12:22:35 PM12/5/02
Venkat,

Package your ejb JAR file and testdep.jar in a EAR file.

Deepak

Deepak Vohra

Dec 5, 2002, 12:20:11 PM12/5/02
Include the ejb jar file and testdep.jsr file in a ear file.