exploded deployment issue

Harris

Jul 11, 2003, 4:06:32 AM7/11/03

I'm running weblogic 8.1 with .ear deployment file (it works fine)
But I think to convert it to exploded deployment and face some problem
during the deployment (see ERROR_LOG) below.

based on instruction found in this documentation:
http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/deployment/overview.html#1036326

I have extracted my uob.ear file and they are:
-uob.war
-uobEjb.jar

Here are my directories:
1)%WLSHOME%\server\bin\applications\uob\META-INF
this has application.xml file

2)%WLSHOME%\server\bin\applications\uob\uob.war
this has the complete *.war jsp files + \WEB_INFO + \lib

3)%WLSHOME%\server\bin\applications\uob\uobEjb.jar
this contains the ejb classes + \META-INF\ejb-jar.xml +
\META-INF\weblogic-ejb-jar.xml

my application.xml is straight forward:
-------------------------------
<application>
<display-name>UOB FX</display-name>
<description>UOB Online Forex Trading</description>
<module>
<web>
<web-uri>uob.war</web-uri>
<context-root>uob</context-root>
</web>
</module>
<module>
<ejb>uobEjb.jar</ejb>
</module>
</application>
-------------------------------

Can anyone help me to solve this issue?

thanks.

---------------------------
ERROR LOG:

<Jul 11, 2003 1:19:36 PM SGT> <Info> <HTTP> <BEA-101047>
<[ServletContext(id=366 1289,name=console,context-path=/console)] actions:
init>
<Jul 11, 2003 1:19:51 PM SGT> <Error> <J2EE> <BEA-160069> <Error while
looking f or web services files: can't read WEB-INF/web-services.xml
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\bea\weblogic81\server\bin\applications\uob\uob.war (Access is denied)
at
weblogic.utils.jars.BaseExplodedJarFile.getInputStream(BaseExplodedJa
rFile.java:43)
at
weblogic.j2ee.dd.WebModuleDescriptor.isWebService(WebModuleDescriptor
.java:149)
at
weblogic.j2ee.dd.WebModuleDescriptor.getAdminMBeanType(WebModuleDescr
iptor.java:125)
at
weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainerFactory.createMBeansForEar(J2EE
ApplicationContainerFactory.java:581)
at
weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainerFactory.initializeDeployment(J2
EEApplicationContainerFactory.java:481)
at
weblogic.management.deploy.DeployerRuntime.unprotectedActivate(Deploy
erRuntime.java:830)
at
weblogic.management.deploy.DeployerRuntime.access$000(DeployerRuntime
.java:64)
at
weblogic.management.deploy.DeployerRuntime$1.run(DeployerRuntime.java
:1499)
at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(Authenticate
dSubject.java:317)
at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:
97)
at
weblogic.management.deploy.DeployerRuntime.checkAndPerformDeployerAct
ions(DeployerRuntime.java:1490)
at
weblogic.management.deploy.DeployerRuntime.activate(DeployerRuntime.j
ava:187)
at
java:39)
at
sorImpl.java:25)
at
weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMB
eanImpl.java:747)
at
weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl
.java:726)
at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:15
57)
at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:15
25)
at
weblogic.management.internal.RemoteMBeanServerImpl.invoke(RemoteMBean
ServerImpl.java:763)
at
weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:946)
at
weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invokeForCachingStub(MBeanPro
xy.java:481)
at
weblogic.management.runtime.DeployerRuntimeMBean_Stub.activate(Deploy
erRuntimeMBean_Stub.java:1064)
at
weblogic.management.console.actions.mbean.ApplicationDeployAction.pre
Perform(ApplicationDeployAction.java:177)
at
weblogic.management.console.actions.mbean.DoMBeanWizardAction.perform
(DoMBeanWizardAction.java:215)
at
weblogic.management.console.actions.internal.ActionServlet.doAction(A
ctionServlet.java:173)
at
weblogic.management.console.actions.internal.ActionServlet.doPost(Act
ionServlet.java:85)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run
(ServletStubImpl.java:1053)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:387)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:305)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationActio
n.run(WebAppServletContext.java:6291)
at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(Authenticate
dSubject.java:317)
at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:
97)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppSe
rvletContext.java:3575)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestIm
pl.java:2573)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:178)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:151)

<Jul 11, 2003 1:19:51 PM SGT> <Debug> <Management> <BEA-141132> <Dynamic
invocat
ion while executing action activate on
mydomain:Location=myserver,Name=DeployerR
untime,ServerRuntime=myserver,Type=DeployerRuntime MBean instance failed.
The me
thod activate with signature [java.lang.String, java.lang.String,
java.lang.Stri
ng, weblogic.management.deploy.DeploymentData, java.lang.String, boolean]
was in
voked with parameters as [C:\bea\weblogic81\server\bin\applications\uob,
uob, no
stage, Delete Files:false
Timeout :3600000
Targets:
myserver: (Modules: null)

Files:
null
, null, false].
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
weblogic.j2ee.dd.WebModuleDescriptor.isWebService(WebModuleDescriptor
.java:156)
[...]
<Jul 11, 2003 1:24:04 PM SGT> <Info> <Management> <BEA-140009>
<Configuration ch
anges for the domain have been saved to the repository.>

Rob Woollen

Jul 11, 2003, 1:26:38 PM7/11/03
First off, if you're in development, I'd strongly recommend you have a
look at:

http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/programming/environment.html#SplitDir
http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs81/programming/environment.html#SplitDirAntTasks

You see an access denied error on the WAR file, but it's not clear to me
why reading is failing.

Does it work if you restart the server? What about if you explode the
war and jar files as well?

Finally, you might consider moving your application out of the
applications directory and deploying with weblogic.Deployer. That's
generally what we recommend these days.

-- Rob

Michael Jouravlev

Jul 11, 2003, 11:20:31 AM7/11/03
From: "Michael Jouravlev" <michael_...@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: weblogic.developer.interest.ejb,weblogic.developer.interest.environment,weblogic.developer.interest.jsp
Subject: Re: exploded deployment issue
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:20:31 -0700

"Harris" <nom...@incorrectemail.com> wrote in message

> 2)%WLSHOME%\server\bin\applications\uob\uob.war
> this has the complete *.war jsp files + \WEB_INFO + \lib

What is
WEB_INFO ?