EJB Deployment Problem: No WebLogic packages defined in CLASSPATH

Kevin Dougan

Apr 22, 2002, 1:55:48 PM4/22/02

I have deployed my EJB JAR but whenever I try calling an EJB I get a Versionning error.
I have tried calling my EJB from within JBuilder and also from a command line call
to a tester class, but I still get the same error.

Anyone have any ideas?

The error follows:

weblogic.common.internal.VersioningError: No WebLogic packages defined in CLASSPATH
at weblogic.common.internal.VersionInfo.<init>(VersionInfo.java:39)
at weblogic.common.internal.VersionInfo.initialize(VersionInfo.java:77)
at weblogic.kernel.Kernel.initialize(Kernel.java:104)
at weblogic.kernel.Kernel.ensureInitialized(Kernel.java:83)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.<init>(WLInitialContext
FactoryDelegate.java:166)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialCont
extFactory.java:147)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:6
65)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:246
)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:222)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:198)
at com.cyberplex.utils.EJBUtils.getHomeInterface(EJBUtils.java:113)
at com.cyberplex.utils.EJBUtils.getGUIDHome(EJBUtils.java:77)
at test.cyberplex.ejb.session.GUIDTest.<clinit>(GUIDTest.java:19)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: error initializing kernel
at weblogic.kernel.Kernel.ensureInitialized(Kernel.java:86)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.<init>(WLInitialContext
FactoryDelegate.java:166)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialCont
extFactory.java:147)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:6
65)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:246
)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:222)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:198)
at com.cyberplex.utils.EJBUtils.getHomeInterface(EJBUtils.java:113)
at com.cyberplex.utils.EJBUtils.getGUIDHome(EJBUtils.java:77)
at test.cyberplex.ejb.session.GUIDTest.<clinit>(GUIDTest.java:19)

Kevin

Rob Woollen

Apr 22, 2002, 3:43:33 PM4/22/02
Do you have the weblogic.jar in the client classpath?

-- Rob

Kevin Dougan

Apr 22, 2002, 4:23:21 PM4/22/02

Yes. My CLASSPATH command line parameter includes the weblogic.jar file...are there
any others I may need? I know this because when I remove the reference to the weblogic.jar
file, I get a different error.

I don't believe I have any DOS Environment Variables setup specifcally for WebLogic...do
I need to create any?

Thanks to all for any assistance,
Kevin

Rajesh Mirchandani

Apr 22, 2002, 4:25:47 PM4/22/02
Could you paste the contents of the manifest.mf file in weblogic.jar?

Kevin Dougan wrote:

--
Rajesh Mirchandani
Developer Relations Engineer

Kevin Dougan

Apr 22, 2002, 4:41:25 PM4/22/02

Here it is, only 2 lines:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Created-By: Ant 1.4.1

Rajesh Mirchandani

Apr 22, 2002, 4:47:08 PM4/22/02
If you are using SP2 for WLS 6.1 add the following lines in the manifest.mf file and
update the weblogic.jar file.

Manifest-version: 1.0
Implementation-Vendor: BEA Systems
Implementation-Title: WebLogic Server 6.1 SP2 12/18/2001 11:13:46 #154529
Implementation-Version: 6.1.2.0
Class-Path: xmlx.jar

Nirmalya Chattopadhyay

Apr 30, 2002, 5:25:39 PM4/30/02
I am having the same error even after updating the manifest.mf in weblogic.jar as per the suggestion. Any further suggestion is highly appreciated.

Nirmalya Chattopadhyay

Apr 30, 2002, 5:33:19 PM4/30/02
I am having the same error even after updating the manifest.mf in weblogic.jar as per the suggestion.

Manifest-version: 1.0

Implementation-Vendor: BEA Systems
Implementation-Title: WebLogic Server 6.1 SP2 12/18/2001 11:13:46 #154529
Implementation-Version: 6.1.2.0
Class-Path: xmlx.jar

I get this error when I try to run the client from a remote Unix box (SunOS 5.8), while the server is running under NT. The same client works fine when run in the same local box as the server.

Any further suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nirmalya