weblogic.common.internal.VersioningError: No WebLogic packages defined in CLASSPATH

kamal gupta

May 28, 2002, 11:31:18 AM5/28/02

I have a java application which was built in jbuilder with soem gui
stuff
i have a ejb jar which is running on weblogic server 6.1

when i compile the application in jbuilder6 the application makes a
connection to the ejb jar and gets the value from the database and
displays the value in the gui.

i have created the jar file in the jbuilder for the application and
have imported all the classes and libraries which are required for the
application.

but when i try to run the app from the batch file from windows it
gives me this error

weblogic.common.internal.VersioningError: No WebLogic packages defined
in CLASSP
ATH
at weblogic.common.internal.VersionInfo.<init>(VersionInfo.java:39)
at weblogic.common.internal.VersionInfo.initialize(VersionInfo.java:77)
at weblogic.kernel.Kernel.initialize(Kernel.java:104)
at weblogic.kernel.Kernel.ensureInitialized(Kernel.java:83)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.<init>(WLInitialContext
FactoryDelegate.java:166)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialCont
extFactory.java:147)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:6
65)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:246
)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:222)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:198)
at uatapp.MainFrame.<init>(MainFrame.java:63)
at uatapp.Application1.<init>(Application1.java:13)
at uatapp.Application1.main(Application1.java:47)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: error initializing
kernel
at weblogic.kernel.Kernel.ensureInitialized(Kernel.java:86)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactoryDelegate.<init>(WLInitialContext
FactoryDelegate.java:166)
at weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.getInitialContext(WLInitialCont
extFactory.java:147)
at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:6
65)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:246
)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:222)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:198)
at uatapp.MainFrame.<init>(MainFrame.java:63)
at uatapp.Application1.<init>(Application1.java:13)
at uatapp.Application1.main(Application1.java:47)

can anyone help

regards
kamal

kamal gupta

May 28, 2002, 11:34:30 AM5/28/02

I have a java Application developed in jbuilder6 and a ejb jar
deployed in weblogic 6.1.

when i run the application from jbuilder it runs fine and fetches me
values from database and also communicates properly to the ejb bean.

but now i have created a jar file for the jbuilder application and
when i run that thru the batch file it gives me this error

can anyone help

kamal gupta

Maruthi Nuthikattu

May 28, 2002, 5:35:00 PM5/28/02
Ok. Let me repeat what I understood.

Somehow you have created a client side jar (say myClient.jar) for your
application, which has all the classes required by weblogic client and your
application. Is that right?

If so, read the following:
You need to add the manifest.mf file from the weblogic.jar (or
weblogic_sp.jar) into your myClient.jar

This manifest.mf file will have entries regarding the version of weblogic.
This information is required to take care of communication between different
versions of WLS. This is not optional.

Thanks
..maruthi

"kamal gupta" <kam...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Marc CHANTEGREIL

Jun 26, 2002, 12:23:14 PM6/26/02

I have the same problem: "weblogic.common.internal.VersioningError: No WebLogic packages defined in CLASSPATH".

I have included in my client.jar the following MANIFEST.MF:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Main-Class: Client.CBRClient
Implementation-Vendor: BEA Systems
Implementation-Title: WebLogic Server 6.1 07/23/2001 22:31:20 #129251
Implementation-Version: 6.1.0.0
Class-Path: xmlx.jar ejb20.jar

However, it still do not work. Am I defining the manifest correctly.

What do you mean by:

"You need to add the manifest.mf file from the weblogic.jar (or
weblogic_sp.jar) into your myClient.jar

".
Is there a way to extract a manifest from a jar file.

Thanks.

Marc CHANTEGREIL

Jun 26, 2002, 12:49:51 PM6/26/02
Hello,

I have seen several messages concerning this issue. The solution seems to be to define a MANIFEST.MF file like:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Main-Class: Client.CBRClient
Implementation-Vendor: BEA Systems

Implementation-Title: WebLogic Server 6.1 SP2 12/18/2001 11:13:46 #154529
Implementation-Version: 6.1.2.0
Class-Path: xmlx.jar

and to include this file in the client.jar.
However, I am still getting this error. Is is possible that some of the arguments of the MANIFEST.MF are not correct regarding the WebLogic version. I am using version 6.1 (however, I am not sure how to get the exact version).

My application is working fine when I am running it within JBuilder. It does not work when I try to run from a DOS window like:
java -jar myClient.jar

Thanks.