ejbs fail to deploy on wls 6.1

Fahd

Jul 29, 2001, 4:09:39 PM7/29/01

I am trying to deploy ejbs on wls 6.1.
I successfully ran ejbc against the bean and created a jar.
I placed the bean in the applications directory. When trying to deploy the bean
at start up I get the following exception "javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException"
in the monitoring console. But whats wierd id that the log file states that the
bean was deployed and shows the proper JNDI;

This also is happening with the example beans that ship out with WLS install.

Here is the error from the example: "ejb_basic_statelesssession" for the "examplesServer".

javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: examples:Name=ejb_basic_statelessSession_ejb_basic_statelessSession,Type=EJBComponent,Application=ejb_basic_statelessSession_ejb_basic_statelessSession
(admin server:true)
at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanHomeImpl.getMBean(MBeanHomeImpl.java:101)
at weblogic.management.internal.AdminMBeanHomeImpl.getMBean(AdminMBeanHomeImpl.java:114)
at weblogic.management.console.utils.MBeans.getMBean(MBeans.java:783)
at weblogic.management.console.utils.MBeans.getConfigurationBeanFor(MBeans.java:1419)
at weblogic.management.console.info.MBeanParentAttribute.doGet(MBeanParentAttribute.java:76)
at weblogic.management.console.tags.ColumnTag.doContent(ColumnTag.java:104)
at weblogic.management.console.tags.ColumnTag.doColumnContent(ColumnTag.java:80)
at weblogic.management.console.tags.TableTag.doEndTag(TableTag.java:369)
at weblogic.management.console.webapp._domain.__ejbhomeruntimetable._jspService(__ejbhomeruntimetable.java:355)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:245)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:200)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:182)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:111)
at weblogic.management.console.actions.ForwardAction.perform(ForwardAction.java:35)
at weblogic.management.console.actions.internal.ActionServlet.doAction(ActionServlet.java:147)
at weblogic.management.console.actions.internal.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:85)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:245)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:200)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:2279)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:1923)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:137)

Any ideas thanks in advance,

Fahd
falf...@enron.com, falf...@hotmail.com

Fahd Alfadli

Jul 30, 2001, 10:38:05 AM7/30/01
I found other guys w/ the samer problem. They claim it to be a bug in the
admin console.

Can anyone confirm this.

Thanks

"Fahd " <mailto:falf...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Filip Hanik

Jul 30, 2001, 2:01:00 PM7/30/01
you know you don't have to run EJBC anymore right? The WL server should
generate the stubs on the fly.
anyone correct me if I am wrong.

Filip

--
~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you
"Fahd Alfadli" <falf...@enron.com> wrote in message

Dimitri Rakitine

Jul 30, 2001, 3:46:20 PM7/30/01
Yes, it will run ejbc if nesessary. On the other hand, something is not quite
working in 6.1 yet - I'm getting all sorts of exceptions when redeploying. Probably
these questions belong to 6.1 beta newsgroup.

--
Dimitri