JDBC Connection pool problem

Felix

Dec 13, 2001, 6:13:23 PM12/13/01
Does anybody know how to solve a problem where some sql takes some time to
execute and as a result connection is open. So if I have some number of this
kind of sql statements I run out of connections. I don't really want to
increase connection pool to a huge size. And I know that I'm doing something
worng. But, I don't know what. Also how to solve a problem when I get an
exception below. Assuming I have property file set up n the following way;

weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.pmPool=\

weblogic.jdbc.TXDataSource.pmPool=pmPool

weblogic.allow.reserve.weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.pmPool=everyone

weblogic.allow.reset.weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.pmPool=everyone

weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.pmPoolSecondary=\

weblogic.jdbc.TXDataSource.pmPoolSecondary=pmPoolSecondary

weblogic.allow.reserve.weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.pmPoolSecondary=everyone

weblogic.allow.reset.weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.pmPoolSecondary=everyone

java.lang.SecurityException: User "guest" does not have Permission "admin"
based on ACL "weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.pmPool".

Thu Dec 13 14:53:36 PST 2001:<I> <Security> Access failed (Thread =
Thread[ExecuteThread-8,5,Execute Thread Group])

java.lang.SecurityException: User "guest" does not have Permission "admin"
based on ACL "weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.pmPoolSecondary".

at weblogic.security.acl.Security.logAndThrow(Security.java:372)

at weblogic.security.acl.Security.checkPermission(Security.java:304)

at weblogic.security.acl.Security.checkPermission(Security.java:339)

at
weblogic.common.internal.ResourceAllocator.checkAdminPermissions(ResourceAll
ocator.java:328)

at
weblogic.common.internal.ResourceAllocator.reset(ResourceAllocator.java:885)

Cameron Purdy

Dec 14, 2001, 5:55:54 PM12/14/01
Start the server. Take a thread dump. Look at the execute threads that are
waiting on a request. Probably about all but four of them. Set your
connection pool size to that number.

If you still run out, that means you are not releasing them. Look in the
Java Language Specification for "finally". Use it to ensure that you clean
up (release cons).

Peace,

--
Cameron Purdy