What happens when peer goes away?

janne

May 23, 2003, 7:29:06 AM5/23/03

I have a swing gui that is communicating with the wl-server 7 by calling EJBs through
remote objects. When I stop the weblogic server, the gui console immediately writes
the following error log to the console (below). Why? What kind of synchronous
socket communication occures behind the scenes and to what purpose is it needed
for? I thought the communication to the server was initiated by the client and
server to client communication would not work any other way.

BTW: If I do something in the gui (after the wl restart) that causes an EJB call,
the gui hangs about 1-5 minutes and then appears to work normally again.

<May 23, 2003 1:07:24 PM EEST> <Error> <socket> <000403> <IOException on socket:
Socket[addr=NSLWS06497/172.27.126.129,port=7011,localport=2908]
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.socket.JavaSocketMuxer.processSockets(JavaSocketMuxer.java:3
24)
at weblogic.socket.SocketReaderRequest.execute(SocketReaderRequest.java:
23)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:213)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:189)

anand raman

May 27, 2003, 6:25:31 AM5/27/03
I can take a stab at answering the second question. The InitialContext
reties connecting to the server instance and is able to do after some
time. Hence when you start using the console, after weblogic restart
you see the delay

~anand