Versioning Error with SQL Server JDBC Driver

Bo Min Jiang

Jul 17, 2002, 3:12:07 PM7/17/02

I wrote a simple class for inserting rows into a database. The database is SQL Server 2000, and I am using weblogic's mssqlserver4 driver. The class works fine, but when I try to export the class as a remote object (using Sun's RMI implementation, not Weblogic RMI), I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" weblogic.common.internal.VersioningError: No WebLogic packages defined in CLASSPATH at weblogic.common.internal.VersionInfo.<init>(VersionInfo.java:35) at weblogic.version.<clinit>(version.java:18)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.FileProxy.initFileHandles(FileProxy.java:30) at weblogic.jdbc.mssqlserver4.BaseConnection.prepareConnection(BaseConnection.java:215)
at weblogic.jdbc.mssqlserver4.Driver.newConnection(Driver.java:34) at weblogic.jdbc.mssqlserver4.ConnectDriver.connect(ConnectDriver.java:151) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:512) at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:171)

Can anyone tell me why this happens? What is difference between using the driver standalone and using it with RMI? Does it have anything to do with the fact that I'm using Javasoft RMI and not Weblogic RMI? I'm pretty sure I have the classpaths set up correctly.

Thanks,
Bo