java.rmi.UnexpectedException

Krishna Chander

Dec 5, 2000, 12:11:56 AM12/5/00
Hi
I am getting the following Exception when i try to access my Entity
bean,
When i call create method on home interface i am getting this
exception, moreover i am not having any Long or integer fields in bean
nor in my database, Can anybody tell me how to solve this probelm

How can i print to sql queries generated by entity bean to a console

Thanks in Advance
Krishna Chander

Exception is as follows
java.rmi.UnexpectedException: Unexpected exception in
com.bea.usermgmt.UserBean.create():
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert
into a LONG column
at weblogic.db.oci.OciCursor.getCDAException(OciCursor.java:228)

at
weblogic.jdbcbase.oci.Statement.executeUpdate(Statement.java:869)
at
weblogic.jdbc.pool.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:65)

at
com.bea.usermgmt.UserPSWebLogic_CMP_RDBMS.create(UserPSWebLogic_CMP_RDBMS.java:1

at
com.bea.usermgmt.UserPSWebLogic_CMP_RDBMS.create(UserPSWebLogic_CMP_RDBMS.java:1

at
weblogic.ejb.internal.EntityEJBContext.create(EntityEJBContext.java:118)

at
weblogic.ejb.internal.StatefulEJBObject.postCreate(StatefulEJBObject.java:266)

at
com.bea.usermgmt.UserBeanEOImpl.create(UserBeanEOImpl.java:61)
at
com.bea.usermgmt.UserBeanHomeImpl.create(UserBeanHomeImpl.java:32)
at
com.bea.usermgmt.UserBeanHomeImpl_ServiceStub.create(UserBeanHomeImpl_ServiceStu

ompiled Code)
at examples.servlets.TestServlet.doGet(TestServlet.java:51)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:105

at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImpl.ja

at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImpl.ja

at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContextMana

247)
at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:361)

at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:261)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java,
Compiled Code)

wolfgan...@intelligentobjects.ch

Dec 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM12/5/00
I think, you try to map a java long (which is a number) to an
oracle long, which is a binary datatype

Regards