startup problem: cannot read manifests

Alfonso Wong

May 9, 2004, 1:38:01 AM5/9/04
I have encountered this problem during weblogic startup, can anyone give me some hints?

The WebLogic Server did not start up properly.
weblogic.common.internal.VersioningError: Cannot read manifests from CLASSPATH: invalid manifest format
at weblogic.common.internal.VersionInfo.<init>(VersionInfo.java:41)
at weblogic.common.internal.VersionInfo.initialize(VersionInfo.java:120)
at weblogic.common.internal.VersionInfo.theOne(VersionInfo.java:91)
at weblogic.version.getPLInfo(version.java:57)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.checkAccess(T3Srvr.java:517)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initializeHere(T3Srvr.java:702)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:664)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:342)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)
Reason: Cannot read manifests from CLASSPATH: invalid manifest format

Slava Imeshev

May 10, 2004, 5:55:11 PM5/10/04
"Alfonso Wong" <alfon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:409d...@newsgroups.bea.com...

I'd check if custom jars in you server classpath have valid MANIFEST.MF

HTH

Regards,

Slava Imeshev