weblogic.ejb.extensions.LockTimeOutException

Hwee Ling

Sep 26, 2001, 12:46:59 AM9/26/01

Hi everyone,

I am facing the same problem with weblogic5.1sp10 on Solaris 8, jdk1.3.0. I'm
accessing oracle db 8.1.6 with thin driver.
I'm also using stateless session beans with bean managed entity beans. I'm
using a testing tool to stress test my application and I only face this problem
when there are 10 concurrent users.
Please give some advice on this problem. Thanks

"newgp" <jin...@asialmail.com> wrote:
>Hi!
>Encountered the following error when i access the application from mutliple
>pcs :
>weblogic.ejb.extensions.LockTimeOutException: Bean could not be locked,
>current owner: '965611854296_140', new owner: '965611854296_146', timeout:
>'300000' ms
>
>I'm using stateless session beans and bean-managed entity beans.
>Is the error due to the timeout settings in my deployment descriptors
>?
>
>Anyone, pls kindly advice. Ur help is greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks and Regards.

Dimitri Rakitine

Sep 26, 2001, 4:26:55 AM9/26/01
WebLogic 5.1 uses exclusive locking, which means that no 2 transactions can
access the same bean instance (identified by it's primary key) at the same
time, so, most likely this exception means that you have a deadlock (or some
particular bean instance is very heavily used)

--
Dimitri

matthew roland

Nov 1, 2001, 7:28:18 PM11/1/01

Hi, I'm getting a similar exception:

weblogic.ejb.extensions.LockTimedOutException: Lock for primaryKey:PrimaryKey:35348
timed out after 600000 ms.
at weblogic.ejb.internal.LockManagerImpl.waitForLock(LockManagerImpl.java:53)
at weblogic.ejb.internal.LockManagerImpl.lock(LockManagerImpl.java:138)
at weblogic.ejb.internal.LockManagerImpl.lock(LockManagerImpl.java:81)
at weblogic.ejb.internal.StatefulEJBCache.bind(StatefulEJBCache.java:447)
at weblogic.ejb.internal.StatefulEJBObject.getContextForInvoke(StatefulEJBObject.java:159)
at weblogic.ejb.internal.BaseEJBObject.preInvoke(BaseEJBObject.java:487)
at xign.payee.entity.AttachEJBImplEOImpl.getAttach(AttachEJBImplEOImpl.java:53)

I've done a thread dump and there's only one thread running.
Right now, It's happening consistently, and always on the same record. We recently
upgraded to sp10 from sp6. We never saw this exception on sp6 could it be a bug
in sp10?

Also, I've tried increasing the timeout and it always gets stuck on the same record
after the same amount of time. Got any Ideas?

thanks,

matt