<149201><The Slave Deployer failed...no modules to prepare

kcshyman

Aug 2, 2002, 3:10:42 PM8/2/02
I'm converting our development from WLS 6.1 to 7.0. When I try to deploy to 7.0 some beans that worked in 6.1, I get the following:

<Aug 2, 2002 1:00:43 PM MDT> <Error> <Deployer> <149201> <The Slave Deployer fai
led to complete the deployment task with id 1 for the application newsnet.
weblogic.management.ApplicationException: No modules to prepare on portalServerf
or application named newsnet
at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.prepare(J2EEApplicationContain
er.java:536)
at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.processPrepareTask(Sla
veDeployer.java:1056)
at weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareUpdate(SlaveDep
loyer.java:724)
at weblogic.drs.internal.SlaveCallbackHandler$1.execute(SlaveCallbackHan
dler.java:24)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:152)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:133)

Has anyone encountered this before? I can't find any relevant documentation for this error. The jar compiles fine with weblogic.ejbc, and Weblogic Builder validates the deployment descriptor.

I welcome any ideas!

Thanks-

Kurt

Sanjeev Chopra

Aug 2, 2002, 4:00:17 PM8/2/02
also posting to application.deployment
"kcshyman" <kcsh...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Sanjeev Chopra

Aug 2, 2002, 4:03:01 PM8/2/02
Kurt,
This is a known problem, and i need to confirm if it was fixed for SP1.(the
fix bieng - you will not see this message)

However, is 'portalServer' really a target for the app 'newsnet' ? I am
guessing, no. In that case this error message is harmless. Your app should
behave fine on the servers where it is targeted. Let me know if its not the
case.

"Sanjeev Chopra" <po...@newsgroup.com> wrote in message

Ali Akbar

Aug 2, 2002, 4:40:55 PM8/2/02
do you have domain with apps targeted to admin server as well as cluster. If
so, this stack trace appears on admin server though app is not targeted .
This is totally harmless and is taken care of in SP1.