Fwd: How to launch gecodriver for Beta 3 release

Amit Agarwal

Aug 10, 2016, 6:47:43 AM8/10/16
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I updated selenium dependencies to Beta 3

<dependency>
        <groupId>org.seleniumhq.selenium</groupId>
        <artifactId>selenium-java</artifactId>
        <version>3.0.0-beta2</version>
    </dependency>

And now I am trying to launch FF, as under

  File f1 = new File("./Browsers/geckodriver.exe");
    String Path = f1.getPath();
    System.setProperty("webdriver.gecko.driver", Path);
    DesiredCapabilities capabilities = DesiredCapabilities.firefox();
    capabilities.setCapability("marionette", true);
    _webDriver = new FirefoxDriver(capabilities);

Also tried with
     _webDriver = new MarionetteDriver();

What are the possible steps to launch FF ( gecodriver)

--

Regards,
Amit Agarwal

sunny sachdeva

Aug 10, 2016, 11:57:14 PM8/10/16
to webdriver
Please follow below steps [ java ]

cap=DesiredCapabilities.firefox();
cap.setCapability("marionette", true);
String marionetteDriverLocation = currentDir + "/src/test/resources/jars/geckodriver.exe";
System.setProperty("webdriver.gecko.driver", marionetteDriverLocation);
driver = new FirefoxDriver(cap);

Amit Agarwal

Aug 11, 2016, 2:16:28 AM8/11/16
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sunny,

I already mentioned the same in my posting :), still not able to launch

Regards
Amit

sunny sachdeva

Aug 11, 2016, 8:31:45 AM8/11/16
to webdriver
May I know which version of FF are you using
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to webdriver+...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/webdriver.

Amit Agarwal

Aug 11, 2016, 8:48:16 AM8/11/16
to webd...@googlegroups.com
It is 48.0,

Regards,
Amit

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/webdriver.

Jay Patel

Aug 12, 2016, 11:24:37 AM8/12/16
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Amit,

Please find following code snapshot, may be it'll help you out:

public class mytest {

System.setProperty("webdriver.gecko.driver", "C:\\Users\\Jay\\Downloads\\geckodriver-v0.10.0-win64\\geckodriver.exe");
WebDriver driver = new FirefoxDriver();
driver.get("https://gmail.com");
}

}