Error - Firefox Profile Cannot be Loaded - Missing or Inaccessible

Shravan Kumar

Mar 25, 2015, 12:19:10 AM3/25/15
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir,

I'm running a simple step, like opening a facebook page using webdriver. But
I got this error which I have attached with this mail.

The problem is, the execution is not moving forward though the page is opened fine but further steps are not executing.

I have attached a small excerpt from my code, please find the enclosed one. And it could be helpful if you could tell me how to overcome this kind of error in future.

Thank you so much.

--
with regards,
Shravan Kumar.T

darrell

Mar 25, 2015, 9:09:32 AM3/25/15
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a Firefox/Windows issue. When you run Firefox it will attempt to load a profile. When you run Firefox manually it will look for your profile in your home directory, i.e. C:\Users\<login>\AppData\... but when you open an instance for FirefoxDriver I think it attempts to generate a temporary profile and opens Firefox using the temporary profile. If the directory Firefox is attempting to use has corrupted or bad permissions, it might not be able to launch Firefox.

I would put on my Windows-hat and start making sure my operating system is working properly. If you are not an administrator on your computer that could make fixing this.

You might also try finding Firefox resources which can help you with this. Bottom line, I don't think this is a common problem and might be unique to your environment.

Shravan Kumar

Mar 25, 2015, 10:05:20 AM3/25/15
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Darrell,

Thank you for your prompt response, and for sure I will follow your suggestions and will let you know the root cause for this problem.

Thank you once again,