Unable to run the script. <<Unable to connect to host 127.0.0.1 on port 7055 after 45000 ms>>

Vamshi Kurra

Nov 25, 2011, 4:55:25 AM11/25/11
to webdriver
Hi,

I am unable to run the script. I am always getting below message. Can
someone help me out please ?

Thanks in advance ..!!

my FF version : 8.0

org.openqa.selenium.firefox.NotConnectedException: Unable to connect
to host 127.0.0.1 on port 7055 after 45000 ms
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.start(NewProfileExtensionConnection.java:
96)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.startClient(FirefoxDriver.java:
149)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.<init>(RemoteWebDriver.java:
73)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:
128)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:
79)

Thanks,
Vamshi

Maddog

Nov 25, 2011, 6:44:05 AM11/25/11
to webdriver
I get so many of these errors in FF8, almost every command causes it.

My post about this - http://groups.google.com/group/webdriver/browse_thread/thread/08b804e231e07f3c

Vamshi Kurra

Nov 25, 2011, 7:22:47 AM11/25/11
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your help.

I downgraded my current version to 3.6.

Now all the scripts are running fine. Seems this is an issue with FF version.

Thanks,
Vamshi

~ Vamshi Kurra

Mark Collin

Nov 25, 2011, 7:47:14 AM11/25/11
to webd...@googlegroups.com

What version of Selenium are you running?

-- This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify postm...@ardescosolutions.com

Rakesh Singh

Nov 25, 2011, 7:52:43 AM11/25/11
to webd...@googlegroups.com

Use selenium 2.12.0 to run on FF8 all selenium version below it are compatible up to FF7.0.1

Vamshi Kurra

Nov 25, 2011, 8:07:38 AM11/25/11
to webd...@googlegroups.com
I am running Selenium 2.13 .

Thanks,
Vamshi

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Mark Collin <ma...@ardescosolutions.com> wrote:

--
~ Vamshi Kurra

Filipe Araújo

Nov 25, 2011, 9:31:19 AM11/25/11
to webd...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting the same error using selenium 2.13, FF8 and Win7. This happens when i call the getURL() method. Afterwards this method doesn't return any response.

Thanks

Vamshi Kurra

Nov 25, 2011, 8:38:08 PM11/25/11
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Even I had same configuration. When I run script I faced the same issue.

Downgrading my FF from 8.0 version to 3.6 version solved my problem. I think you can give a try.

Thanks,
Vamshi

Jerald paul

Nov 28, 2011, 5:22:26 AM11/28/11
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Do any one noticed print command window/ file open windows opened and the test just stops there after upgrading to ff8?

Vamshi Kurra

Nov 28, 2011, 9:16:03 PM11/28/11
to webd...@googlegroups.com
We didn't notice any window/file open windows.

When we run the script FF was launched successfully.But the moment it encounter geturl() method it stopped working.

Usually when we run scripts from FF 3.6 we see the "Webdriver" text on the status bar .But this is not coming for ff 8.

Thanks..!!

Luke Inman-Semerau

Nov 28, 2011, 9:33:10 PM11/28/11
to webd...@googlegroups.com
You need at least version 2.12 of selenium for ff8 support, 2.13 is the latest (2.14 will be out this week sometime)

-Luke

Vamshi Kurra

Nov 29, 2011, 7:27:04 AM11/29/11
to webd...@googlegroups.com
I tried with 2.13 version. But of no use.

veera reddy

Nov 30, 2011, 4:46:52 AM11/30/11
to webdriver
FF8 has issues with webdriver. Even, 2.14.0 is not working as intended
with FF8. FF6 & FF7 are good for webdriver.

~Veera

Krishnan Mahadevan

Nov 30, 2011, 6:59:17 AM11/30/11
to webd...@googlegroups.com
I havent had any issues with Firefox 8

I am using selenium 2.12.0 and running on Mac (10.6.8) and using FF 8.0.1
Here's my code :

@Test

public void ffrunner(){

FirefoxDriver driver = new FirefoxDriver();

driver.get("http://www.facebook.com");

System.out.println(driver.executeScript("return navigator.userAgent", ""));

System.out.println(driver.getCurrentUrl());

driver.quit();

}

Here's my output :

[TestRunner] Starting executor for test Default test with time out:2147483647 milliseconds.

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1

http://www.facebook.com/

PASSED: ffrunner

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

Raja sankar

Dec 15, 2011, 2:50:17 AM12/15/11
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Me too didn't have any issues with FF8 and Se-WebDriver.

If you face issues, can you post a sample code.

ராஜசங்கர்

Lisa

Dec 20, 2011, 2:21:06 PM12/20/11
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Had same issues as previously posted with FF8 and latest Se-WebDriver.  Downgraded to FF v3.6 and no problems now.  HOWEVER, some of my colleagues are able to successfully run the same tests using FF8 and the latest version of Se-WebDriver with no problems.  Any thoughts on why that would be the case?  We sit ten feet from each other and are all using the same corp default config of Windows 7 Pro, same version of Eclipse (Indigo), and the same Se-WebDriver framework and code base from SVN.

Thanks,
Lisa

Mark Collin

Dec 20, 2011, 5:15:58 PM12/20/11
to webd...@googlegroups.com

Can you show us a test that isn’t working?

Aug 20, 2012, 12:10:07 PM8/20/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Same question as Mark asked earlier, can you show us your code that isn't working?

Also, which version of Selenium are you using?

Mike

On Saturday, August 18, 2012 2:59:00 PM UTC-7, Saurabh Jangid wrote:
I am also facing the same issue. Error - Unable to connect to 127.0.0.1. Firefox console output ....add on manager.
My scenarios is that i am running my test on windows 7 & opening two browser instances using two sperate web driver instances (one for IE 8 & another for Firefox13.0.1) in a single test case. IE opens fine. Firefox launches but remains blank and after a while it fails and throws "Unable to connect to 127.0.0.1 error"

Has anyone encountered something similar ? Independently launching either of the browsers work fine , its only when i try to launch both the browsers in a single test, i am getting the error. Any input appreciated.

Krishnan Mahadevan

Aug 22, 2012, 4:51:17 AM8/22/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Naga,
Is your linux box a headless machine ?

because I am seeing this in your error :  Error: no display specified

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 7:57 AM, Naga <ravik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Same here. I am looking for a resolution as well. [junit] org.openqa.selenium.firefox.NotConnectedException: Unable to connect to host 127.0.0.1 on port 7055 after 45000 ms. Firefox console output:
    [junit] Error: no display specified

on linux hudson server.

Thanks,
Naga

Nagaanjani Kusuma Vellanki

Aug 22, 2012, 10:39:43 AM8/22/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
yes. I have specified Xvfb display and set the DISPLAY path as export DISPLAY=:1

Thanks,
Naga
--

Cool!!

Thanks,
Nagaajani Kusuma Vellanki

Nagaanjani Kusuma Vellanki

Aug 22, 2012, 10:40:21 AM8/22/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your help Krishnan.

Naga

Krishnan Mahadevan

Aug 22, 2012, 10:51:38 AM8/22/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Since you have ruled out the display part, I would now ask you what version of Selenium are you running with ?

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

Rivlin Pereira

Aug 22, 2012, 11:04:26 AM8/22/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Naga,

Are you using the xvnc plugin on hudson? I use jenkins and jenkins has an option to run xvnc -

Inline image 1
Screen Shot 2012-08-22 at 11.02.25 AM.png

Nagaanjani Kusuma Vellanki

Aug 22, 2012, 12:41:08 PM8/22/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
I am running selenium 2.24.1.
/junit-4.10.jar
AU        lib/selenium-java-2.24.1-srcs.jar
AU        lib/selenium-server-standalone-2.24.1.jar
AU        lib/selenium-java-2.24.1.jar

Thanks,
Naga

Nagaanjani Kusuma Vellanki

Aug 22, 2012, 12:44:30 PM8/22/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Rivlin,

I am using Hudson on linux. The display is set to Xvfb.

The issue is that the scripts are running fine when manually invoked on a hudson machine, but when run via hudson, I see the message. Which means that the selenium server is fine and is running using the Xvfb display. My guess is sth to do with the port's on hudson.

Thanks for responding back.

Naga
Screen Shot 2012-08-22 at 11.02.25 AM.png

Mike Riley

Oct 23, 2012, 3:04:55 PM10/23/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
First, Firefox 14 is the last supported version and that was only with 2.25.0 (even though it says 17), so downgrade your FF.

Also, I believe people have found that there is a background FF task running that causes this.  Task Manager should let you remove it to get rid of the error about the port being busy.  Just search the threads here for 7055 and you should find what worked for other people.

Mike

On Monday, October 22, 2012 7:22:20 AM UTC-7, A_Sha wrote:
hello,

When I use Firefox 16.x with Selenium Web Driver 2.24.1, I get error message
 org.openqa.selenium.firefox.NotConnectedException: Unable to connect to host 127.0.0.1 on port 7055 after 45000 ms

When I upgrade Selenium Web Driver to 2.25.0, I get error

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.<init>(Lorg/openqa/selenium/remote/CommandExecutor;Lorg/openqa/selenium/Capabilities;Lorg/openqa/selenium/Capabilities;)V

Please suggest the workaround for this solution.

Thanks,