Unable to allow the blocked Popup using ChromeDriver

Geeta Chaugule

Apr 4, 2012, 9:54:41 AM4/4/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am using chromedriver  to establish the video sessions between two users. I could login and send video request successfully, but the user who sent the request is not able to launch the video saying that "Following Pop-ups were blocked on this page" and the one who accepts the request is able to launch the video call.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks &Regards
Geeta.

Geeta Chaugule

Apr 4, 2012, 10:05:58 AM4/4/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
I tried allowing the pop-ups permanently, but still it doesn't work.

Sasi kumar

Apr 5, 2012, 1:51:43 AM4/5/12
to webdriver
Can you have chrome profile and start like this and try!

DesiredCapabilities capabilities = DesiredCapabilities.chrome();
capabilities.setCapability("chrome.binary", "c:/chrome.exe");

On Apr 4, 7:05 pm, Geeta Chaugule <chaugule.ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried allowing the pop-ups permanently, but still it doesn't work.
>
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Geeta Chaugule <chaugule.ge...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > I am using chromedriver  to establish the video sessions between two
> > users. I could login and send video request successfully, but the user who
> > sent the request is not able to launch the video saying that "*Following
> > Pop-ups were blocked on this page"* and the one who accepts the request

Krishnan Mahadevan

Apr 5, 2012, 8:45:29 AM4/5/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
You might want to use this command line arg when spawning chrome and see if that helps :  http://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-command-line-switches/#disable-popup-blocking

Refer here for information on how to pass commandline switches while spawning chrome browser via Selenium : http://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/ChromeDriver#Starting_Chromium_with_Specific_Flags

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

Geeta Chaugule

Apr 5, 2012, 9:17:34 AM4/5/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Krishnan. Its working..

Vinh Trang

Sep 3, 2015, 11:02:58 AM9/3/15
to webdriver
Could you explain step by step? I'm facing this issue too.

SeleniumLover

Jan 29, 2016, 7:36:31 AM1/29/16
to webdriver
I guess he is using

ChromeOptions options = new ChromeOptions();
options.addArguments("-incognito");
options.addArguments("--disable-popup-blocking");

ChromeDriver driver = new ChromeDriver(options);