Can a Flex Application be automated using Selenium Webdriver?How?

Abhinay Kumar

Dec 3, 2016, 7:27:36 AM12/3/16
to webdriver
Can a Flex Application be automated using Selenium Webdriver?How?

darrell grainger

Dec 4, 2016, 11:28:55 PM12/4/16
to webdriver
There were attempts at automating Flex but core Selenium cannot do this. I never saw any third party extension to Selenium which actually worked well. And everything that worked at all required you to build the Flex app in a specific way (to add something like debug to it).

Shawn McCarthy

Dec 5, 2016, 11:04:46 AM12/5/16
to webdriver
I have used Sikuli (a java library), to help automate a couple flex spots. It works by giving it an image, and it clicks the image on the page. I am not sure of its downfalls, but maybe check it out to see if it works for you. I am guessing if there are a lot of scenarios, it would be a pain to manage all those images (mine was only used for 1 or 2 tests - partly).