Command clickAndWait not finding element when testing IDE in Internet Explorer

Ilya Novak

Mar 12, 2015, 1:57:58 PM3/12/15
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have an issue using WebDriver playback with Selenium IDE and am hoping someone might be able to help me. I would be very greatful.

I am trying to run my Selenium IDE scripts on Internet Explorer. I have no problem getting IE running my script. It even successfully runs the first few lines of my IDE script. However, there is one particular line it fails every time. The line is nothing more than the clickAndWait command with the target using the id of a link. It works perfectly and easily with firefox. But each time I try to use it in IE it cannot find the element. Whats especially strange is that there is a clickAndWait command right before the problematic one and THAT one works just fine!

Does anyone have an idea as to what might be the problem? Any help would be much appreciated, as this one single issue prevents me from testing my software on Internet Explorer.

Thank you for your time,

Ilya

I am using Selenium IDE 2.8.0
selenium-server-standalone-2.44.0.jar
IEDriverServer_Win32_2.44.0.exe
Internet Explorer 8.0
Windows 7 Enterprise 200 Service Pack 1, 32 bit

The html code is the following: It is the last line that fails.

<!--Preconditions-->

darrell

Mar 13, 2015, 8:41:55 AM3/13/15
to webd...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure if anyone here is using Selenium IDE. All the posts here are using WebDriver and the Selenium client bindings, e.g. Java, python, etc. If you don't get an answer you might want to consider posting to https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/selenium-users. I believe the Selenium Users forum has more people using Selenium IDE.

Ilya Novak

Mar 20, 2015, 4:31:39 PM3/20/15
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I did not know this.