how to handle pop over window

niyaz hashmi

Aug 4, 2016, 2:56:12 AM8/4/16
to webdriver
Hi All,

How to handle pop over window using chrome driver for selenium.
I am using Alert class to handle pop over window but it is not being handled.

Environment Details:
------------------------------
1. Selenium jar 2.53.1 and chrome driver 2.22
2. Chrome browser 52.0
3. Windows 7 64-bit machine

Please tell the how to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Niyaz

darrell grainger

Aug 4, 2016, 11:47:23 AM8/4/16
to webdriver
I find that many people use pop up, pop over, modal, etc. interchangeably. Someone might have what they believe is a clear definition of that a pop over window is but the truth is that there is no universally agreed upon definition.

Selenium has a class called Alert which call be used to handle modal dialogs created using javascript alert() method. If you are using the Alert class to handle your 'pop over' dialog then either you are not using the Alert class correctly or your 'pop over' dialog is NOT a javascript alert() dialog. Without seeing what you are trying and the website which generates the 'pop over', it would be near impossible to help you.