[webdriver]Firefox NewProfileExtensionConnection Exception

Nilesh

Dec 9, 2010, 1:36:44 PM12/9/10
to webdriver
Hi All,

I am getting below exception on Windows 7 with 2.0a7 for
FirefoxDriver. I did some search and found that there are already
issues logged in for this and it seems this is fixed in 2.0a7. I also
looked at maven repo but not sure which is the correct jar I should
use.

http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/seleniumhq/selenium/selenium/2.0a7/

Could someone point me to the right jar or know how to fix this
problem?

Thanks in advance,
-Nilesh

http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=1059
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=1022

org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException:
java.util.NoSuchElementException
System info: os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'x86', os.version: '6.1',
java.version: '1.6.0_21'
Driver info: driver.version: firefox
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.start(NewProfileExtensionConnection.java:
115)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.startClient(FirefoxDriver.java:
161)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.<init>(RemoteWebDriver.java:
72)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:
140)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.<init>(FirefoxDriver.java:
96)
at com.test.automation.RunSuite.begin(RunSuite.java:73)
at org.testng.internal.MethodHelper.invokeMethod(MethodHelper.java:
643)
at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeConfigurationMethod(Invoker.java:
446)
at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeConfigurations(Invoker.java:162)
at org.testng.internal.Invoker.invokeConfigurations(Invoker.java:92)
at
org.testng.internal.TestMethodWorker.invokeBeforeClassMethods(TestMethodWorker.java:
183)
at org.testng.internal.TestMethodWorker.run(TestMethodWorker.java:
115)
at org.testng.TestRunner.runWorkers(TestRunner.java:953)
at org.testng.TestRunner.privateRun(TestRunner.java:633)
at org.testng.TestRunner.run(TestRunner.java:505)
at org.testng.SuiteRunner.runTest(SuiteRunner.java:359)
at org.testng.SuiteRunner.runSequentially(SuiteRunner.java:354)
at org.testng.SuiteRunner.privateRun(SuiteRunner.java:316)
at org.testng.SuiteRunner.run(SuiteRunner.java:195)
at org.testng.TestNG.createAndRunSuiteRunners(TestNG.java:903)
at org.testng.TestNG.runSuitesLocally(TestNG.java:872)
at org.testng.TestNG.run(TestNG.java:780)
at org.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG.run(RemoteTestNG.java:75)
at org.testng.remote.RemoteTestNG.main(RemoteTestNG.java:127)
Caused by: java.util.NoSuchElementException
at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
at java.util.Collections$UnmodifiableCollection$1.next(Unknown
Source)
at
org.openqa.selenium.networkutils.NetworkInterface.isLoopBack(NetworkInterface.java:
42)
at
org.openqa.selenium.networkutils.NetworkUtils.getLoopBackAndIp4Only(NetworkUtils.java:
105)
at
org.openqa.selenium.networkutils.NetworkUtils.obtainLoopbackIp4Address(NetworkUtils.java:
55)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.buildUrl(NewProfileExtensionConnection.java:
167)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.start(NewProfileExtensionConnection.java:
79)
... 27 more

Nilesh

Dec 9, 2010, 2:02:45 PM12/9/10
to webdriver
Interestingly if I go back to 2.0a4, I don't see this exception. Tests
work fine on Windows 7

On Dec 9, 1:36 pm, Nilesh <nilesh.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am getting below exception on Windows 7 with 2.0a7 for
> FirefoxDriver. I did some search and found that there are already
> issues logged in for this and it seems this is fixed in 2.0a7. I also
> looked at maven repo but not sure which is the correct jar I should
> use.
>
> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/seleniumhq/selenium/selenium/2.0a7/
>
> Could someone point me to the right jar or know how to fix this
> problem?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -Nilesh
>
> http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=1059http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=1022

Nilesh

Dec 10, 2010, 10:07:42 AM12/10/10
to webdriver
I guess I spoke to early. With 2.0a4 tests in firefox are being
launched but they don't continue further and I get below exception.
These tests are working fine with 2.0a7 on Windows XP and tested
multiple times. I really wish to use 2.0a7. Does any one know how to
get around
"org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.NewProfileExtensionConnection.start(Ne
wProfileExtensionConnection.java: " exception?

Thanks

System info: os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'x86', os.version: '6.1',
java.version: '1.6.0_21'
Driver info: driver.version: remote
Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.throwIfResponseFailed(ErrorHandler.java:
94)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:
327)
at
org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxDriver.execute(FirefoxDriver.java:
191)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebElement.execute(RemoteWebElement.java:
186)
at
org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebElement.click(RemoteWebElement.java:
55)

On Dec 9, 2:02 pm, Nilesh <nilesh.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Interestingly if I go back to 2.0a4, I don't see this exception. Tests
> work fine on Windows 7
>
> On Dec 9, 1:36 pm, Nilesh <nilesh.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi All,
>
> > I am getting below exception on Windows 7 with 2.0a7 for
> > FirefoxDriver. I did some search and found that there are already
> > issues logged in for this and it seems this is fixed in 2.0a7. I also
> > looked at maven repo but not sure which is the correct jar I should
> > use.
>
> >http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/seleniumhq/selenium/selenium/2.0a7/
>
> > Could someone point me to the right jar or know how to fix this
> > problem?
>
> > Thanks in advance,
> > -Nilesh
>
> >http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=1059http://code.go...

Priya

Jan 24, 2011, 1:57:44 PM1/24/11
to webdriver
This problem is solved by using selenium server 2.0.b1 version.

Kenneth Yan

Feb 1, 2011, 7:58:42 PM2/1/11
to webdriver
I encounter the same problem using Server 2.0b1 on Windows 7. It
allows me to open one browser instance, but the second time I try to
do a driver.get().