Mousehover issue with FF-33 and Selenium server 2.44

Nagaraju Dasam

Feb 25, 2015, 8:53:52 AM2/25/15
to webd...@googlegroups.com

Hi Team,

I am facing issue with FF-33 and Selenium server 2.44.

I ran scripts on FF-33 and SS version 2.44. In most of the failures I observed that mousehover related commands/steps are failing.

Example1: If a script contains more than one mousehover then mousehover is working for first time and second time mousehover steps are not working scripts are failing at that step (Failure reason : Element is not currently visible and so may not be interacted with).

Example 2: In some scripts I have to mousehover on one text box and verify the tooltip and text in tooltip. Mousehover action is performing but unable to identify tooltip and text in tooltip.

Note : Same scripts are working perfectly on FF-18 and FF-27.

darrell

Feb 26, 2015, 9:07:09 AM2/26/15
to webd...@googlegroups.com
The combination of Firefox 33.0 and Selenium 2.44 is a perfect combination. So it is not a matter of using the correct version of Selenium for the version of Firefox you are testing.

This leads me to believe your script is just too fast. So you might need to hover over the first element, wait for the second element to be visible (using WebDriverWait) then hover over the second element.

For tooltips I usually find the element, confirm it is visible then examine the element for the attribute creating the tooltip (i.e. the ALT attribute for an IMG is what generates the tooltip).

Nagaraju Dasam

Feb 27, 2015, 9:18:27 AM2/27/15
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for reply Darrell. I will add webdriver waits.