nativeEvenets in IEDriver

Idan Shay

Jul 30, 2015, 8:34:24 AM7/30/15
to webdriver
Hi,

This question related to previous question I asked about textarea in IE.

To show the problem I use the below code (work on kendo demo - http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/grid/editing-inline)
I am able to edit the text but if nativeEvents is false after I click on "Update" the new value is clear and it return to the previous value.
If nativeEvents is true It does work and after update I see the value I enter but I see strange behavior on the buttons.

In my real application I am not able to work when nativeEvenets is true.

How can I simulate event when nativeEvenets is false or is there other solution for this ?

Thanks.

        final DesiredCapabilities capabilities = DesiredCapabilities.internetExplorer();
        //capabilities.setCapability("nativeEvents", false);
        capabilities.setCapability(InternetExplorerDriver.IE_ENSURE_CLEAN_SESSION, true);
        WebDriver driver = new InternetExplorerDriver(capabilities);
        driver.get("http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/grid/editing-inline");
        driver.findElement(By.xpath(".//*[@id='grid']/div[3]/table/tbody/tr[1]/td[5]/a[1]")).click();
        Thread.sleep(1000);
        driver.findElement(By.xpath(".//*[@id='grid']/div[3]/table/tbody/tr[1]/td[1]/input")).sendKeys("NewVal1");