The point at which the driver is attempting to click on the element was not scrolled into the viewport.

Gaurav Kejriwal

Jul 30, 2012, 1:28:30 AM7/30/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
I am getting the error:The point at which the driver is attempting to click on the element was not scrolled into the viewport.
On clicking a control by:driver.FindElement(By.Id("ddlAmount")).FindElement(By.LinkText("15 €")).Click();
To click on element the page needs to be scrolled down.
Please help me on this issue.

--

Thanks & Regards

Gaurav Kumar

Peter Gale

Jul 30, 2012, 3:04:11 AM7/30/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
WebDriver should scroll the element into view for you automatically.

If it is not, you need to tell us what language binding and version of Selenium you are using.

I'm sure we've seen thsi question raised before ... have you googled for anyone getting the issue already?

Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:58:30 +0530
Subject: [webdriver] The point at which the driver is attempting to click on the element was not scrolled into the viewport.
From: gauravke...@gmail.com
To: webd...@googlegroups.com

Naresh

Jul 30, 2012, 3:36:32 AM7/30/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Hello Gaurav,

I had this problem when I try to execute my scripts on Chrome browser and on a remote machine.

I was able to resolve that issue by maximizing the window before running my scripts.

Thanks,
Naresh
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to webdriver+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Gaurav Kejriwal

Jul 30, 2012, 5:00:55 AM7/30/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Yes a ticket is already raised for the issue.But it was for selenium version 2.14.0.But i'm using the latest version of Selenium i.e 2.25.1.

Thanks & Regards

Gaurav Kumar | GDC-RIA |Euronet GDC Pvt. Ltd

T (Desk)  +91-20-3044 7044

Mobile  +91-9970301751

Gaurav Kejriwal

Jul 30, 2012, 5:03:36 AM7/30/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Naresh,
My window is in maximized mode only but the element which is to be clicked comes into viewpoint on scrolling only,as it is at the bottom of the page.So Maximizing can't be a solution to it.

Peter Gale

Jul 30, 2012, 5:06:30 AM7/30/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Gaurav

If you want help, you'll need to provide sufficient adn meaningful information for us to be able to help you.

I don't understand the significance of your last comment or how you expect us to provide further help as a result of it.

Peter

Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:30:55 +0530

Gaurav Kejriwal

Jul 30, 2012, 5:20:07 AM7/30/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,
The point at which driver is expected to click the element is at the bottom of the page.Hence in order to click it the page should be scrolled first.I am using the Selenium version 2.25.1 and while googling the issue i found that a similar issue was raised for the selenium .net webdriver version 2.15 version.The url for the same is: https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=3075 .

Peter Gale

Jul 30, 2012, 5:24:47 AM7/30/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
You have a choice then ... accept that you problem is exactly the same as the issue you referenced and wait until that issue gets marked as fixed (if it is indeed still an active issue), or describe your problem in a way that we might be able to help you, just in case it is not the same issue as that you reference.

Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:50:07 +0530

From: gauravke...@gmail.com
To: webd...@googlegroups.com

Hi Peter,
The point at which driver is expected to click the element is at the bottom of the page.Hence in order to click it the page should be scrolled first.I am using the Selenium version 2.25.1 and while googling the issue i found that a similar issue was raised for the selenium .net webdriver version 2.15 version.The url for the same is: https://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=3075 .

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 2:36 PM, Peter Gale <peterjef...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
Gaurav

If you want help, you'll need to provide sufficient and meaningful information for us to be able to help you.

Aaron

Nov 21, 2013, 3:16:44 AM11/21/13
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kejriwal,

I'm getting the error too. Have you worked out any approach to solve the problem?

Problem Description:
Error Message:The point at which the driver is attempting to click on the element was not scrolled into the viewport.
Selenium Version:
1.Selenium.WebDriver.IEDriver : 2.35.3.3
2.Selenium.RC : 2.37.0
3.Selenium.Support :2.37.0
4.Selenium.WebDriver : 2.37.0
5.Selenium.WebDriverBackedSelenium :2.37.0

I hope you can help me, thanks a lot.

Best Regards,

Aaron

Felix Ruan

Nov 24, 2013, 9:13:19 PM11/24/13
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Same problem with you. But when I used the version IEDriverServer_Win32_2.35.1.zip and selenium-server-standalone-2.35.0.jar, this problem can be solved.
Message has been deleted