How to contribute to selenium webdriver souce code of java?

Suresh Kumar

Jan 19, 2017, 3:14:58 AM1/19/17
to webdriver
I am working as a QA-Automation for a company. I wanted to contribute to selenium webdriver v3.0.2. I started working on it. Forked the project from https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium Cloned the selenium source Now I want to setup and run the sample tests in the project and I want to configure to my eclipse. I am just stuck this point. It would be very much helpful if anyone shares the solutions. Thanks in advance.

Simon Stewart

Jan 19, 2017, 6:00:58 AM1/19/17
to webdriver
We include the necessary config files to allow you to just open the project in eclipse. Everything should Just Work from there. However, most of the developers doing Java work are using IntelliJ, and it's been a long time since I tried to do anything in Eclipse. The Community Edition of IJ is free to download and is excellent.

Kind regards,

Simon

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 8:14 AM, Suresh Kumar <sureshk...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am working as a QA-Automation for a company. I wanted to contribute to selenium webdriver v3.0.2. I started working on it. Forked the project from https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium Cloned the selenium source Now I want to setup and run the sample tests in the project and I want to configure to my eclipse. I am just stuck this point. It would be very much helpful if anyone shares the solutions. Thanks in advance.

Suresh Kumar

Jan 20, 2017, 10:46:08 AM1/20/17
to webdriver
@Simon, Thanks for the quick reply. I just configured in intellij. But while compiling I am getting an error Error:(22, 23) java: package org.apache.http does not exist. How get it fixed.
Waiting for your reply.

On Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 4:30:58 PM UTC+5:30, Simon Stewart wrote:
[...]

Simon Stewart

Jan 21, 2017, 5:27:04 AM1/21/17
to webdriver
Quirky. You may need to run "./go repack-jetty" before the build will run successfully from the IDE the first time.

Simon

Suresh Kumar

Jan 25, 2017, 2:34:17 AM1/25/17
to webdriver
Thanks Simon,

Now as a newbie to selenium source I am getting a grip on the source. I'll contribute to the project whenever free. Once again thanks for the reply.

Simon Stewart

Jan 27, 2017, 10:35:06 AM1/27/17
to webdriver
I should write up the notes from a "fix a bug, become a committer" workshop.

Simon