RemoteDriver with chrome java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Danny Guerrier

Sep 2, 2011, 5:11:13 PM9/2/11
to webd...@googlegroups.com
I started a selenium server using the following

java -jar ..\lib\selenium-server-standalone-2.5.0.jar -Dwebdriver.chrome.driver="C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -role webdriver -hub http://127.0.0.1:4444/grid/register -port 5556 -browser browserName=firefox,version=4.0,platform=VISTA,maxInstances=2 -browser browserName="internet explorer",version=8.0,platform=WINDOWS,ensureCleanSession=true,maxInstances=1 -browser browserName=chrome,platform=VISTA,maxInstances=2

Then ran a quick test using this:

DesiredCapabilities capability = new DesiredCapabilities();

capability.setBrowserName("chrome");

capability.setPlatform(Platform.VISTA);

WebDriver driver = new RemoteWebDriver(new URL("http://172.16.190.226:4444/wd/hub"), capability);

driver.get("http://www.yahoo.com");

It launches chrome but fails to navigate to yahoo.

This exception is thrown by the remote server

17:03:34.222 WARN - Exception thrown

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Build info: version: '2.5.0', revision: '13516', time: '2011-08-23 18:29:57'

System info: os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'x86', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.6.0_26'

Driver info: driver.version: unknown

        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(Unknown Source)

        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)

        at org.openqa.selenium.remote.server.DefaultSession.execute(DefaultSession.java:116)

        at org.openqa.selenium.remote.server.DefaultSession.<init>(DefaultSession.java:87)

        at org.openqa.selenium.remote.server.DefaultSession.createSession(DefaultSession.java:73)

        at org.openqa.selenium.remote.server.DefaultDriverSessions.newSession(DefaultDriverSessions.java:87)

        at org.openqa.selenium.remote.server.handler.NewSession.handle(NewSession.java:47)

        at org.openqa.selenium.remote.server.rest.ResultConfig.handle(ResultConfig.java:153)

        at org.openqa.selenium.remote.server.DriverServlet.handleRequest(DriverServlet.java:389)

        at org.openqa.selenium.remote.server.DriverServlet.doPost(DriverServlet.java:371)

        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)

How did anyone who got chrome working as a target get it to work?

Krishnan Mahadevan

Mar 6, 2013, 6:03:42 PM3/6/13
to webd...@googlegroups.com
You picked up a 2 yr old thread and decided to revive it? Wow :)
Ajitesh,
Please add more contextual information :

Selenium version ?
Safari version ?

On Wednesday, March 6, 2013, wrote:
HI Danny,

I am getting the same error in Safari Driver as well.
Did you manage to resolve this issue?

~ Ajitesh

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

Simon Stewart

Mar 6, 2013, 7:43:39 PM3/6/13
to webd...@googlegroups.com
If it's the same error, that's interesting. Be gentle, Krishnan.

Simon

Krishnan Mahadevan

Mar 6, 2013, 8:32:44 PM3/6/13
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Simon,
I pay a lot of attention to that in the forums [ have seen you re-iterate that a lot as well ] and I agree with you on it. Wasn't trying to be rude here. If I did, my bad! :)

vasika...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2013, 8:38:22 PM3/6/13
to webd...@googlegroups.com, webd...@googlegroups.com
No issues Krishnan, you were not rude in this case IMHO.

Simon Stewart

Mar 7, 2013, 12:02:56 AM3/7/13
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Thanks :) I appreciate it, and all the help you've been giving people in the forums!

Simon

Krishnan Mahadevan

Mar 7, 2013, 12:40:50 AM3/7/13
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Simon :) Hearing that from the core team matters :)
Someday perhaps I too shalt do my little as contributions to the codebase. Until that day I guess I will continue contributing in the forums.

Selenium User

Oct 23, 2013, 5:29:54 PM10/23/13
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to post on this thread after so long.
Have you resolved this issue? If so please share your solution.
I am seeing the same exception and cannot get past it. I am using selenium RemoteWebDriver to launch chrome.

Skam Pi

Nov 14, 2013, 8:05:57 AM11/14/13
to webd...@googlegroups.com
I have got the same Issue with IE... is there any result ???