org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Unable to bind to locking port 7054 within 45000 ms

Srilakshmi Mettu

May 16, 2016, 6:08:12 AM5/16/16
to webdriver
Hi All,
I am facing port locking issue while executing my test cases in eclipse ..using Selenium and Testng.
Can anyone suggest how to resolve this issue please.

org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: Unable to bind to locking port 7054 within 45000 ms
Build info: version: '2.44.0', revision: '76d78cf', time: '2014-10-23 20:02:37'
System info: host: 'METSR01-E7440', ip: '10.138.159.78', os.name: 'Windows 7', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '6.1', java.version: '1.8.0_45'
Driver info: driver.version: FirefoxDriver

Thanks.

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

May 16, 2016, 6:26:17 AM5/16/16
to webdriver
Srilakshmi,
You are using a very old version of Webdriver [ 2.44.0].
I would suggest that you please upgrade to using 2.53.0 and try again.
If it still doesn't work you would need to tell us what version of Firefox are you working with as well.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

Dmitri Tikhanski

May 28, 2016, 7:01:18 AM5/28/16
to webdriver
Downgrade your Firefox to one of the following versions:

v2.44.0
=======
* Supports native events for Firefox versions 33 (current), 32 (immediately
previous release), 31 (current ESR), and 24 (immediately previous ESR).

You can get previous Firefox version from the Mozilla FTP Site

See Q. How do I Know Which Browsers are Supported? section of The WebDriver Sampler: Your Top 10 Questions Answered guide for more detailed explanation and information.

Priyanka Saroch

Aug 16, 2016, 2:48:49 AM8/16/16
to webdriver
hello all,
Am also getting almost the same issue as,

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'OpenQA.Selenium.IllegalLocatorException' from assembly 'WebDriver, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1c2bd1631853048f'.

I am using chrome driver from Coded UI automation and am facing some issues.i have attached the error that i am getting while executing the script.

Please have a look an suggest me any needful that can help me to resolve the issues .

Thanks,

Priyanka

darrell grainger

Aug 16, 2016, 10:39:45 AM8/16/16
to webdriver
When it comes to an error message there is no such thing as 'almost the same'. This is a human concept and does not apply to error messages.

The System.TypeLoadException is a C# error. I suspect the ChromeDriver you are running is written in C# and you are on a Windows computer. It was attempting to load a system type called OpenQA.Selenium.IllegalLocatorException. The thing which jumps out to me is the IllegalLocatorException. This makes me think you have an illegal locator. When your code attempts to use this illegal locator it is throwing an exception. Solution: fix your locator.