To identify Xpath in IE Browser

kishore

Feb 2, 2012, 7:53:02 AM2/2/12
to webdriver
Hi

I am new to selenium tool.
Please anyone help me in finding the object using Xpath.

If it is by using id, name etc. it will be easy

The application what i am testing will work only on Internet Explorer.
Is there any way to find the Xpath like we do in FireFox with FireBug.

Thanks
kishore

Robert

Feb 2, 2012, 7:05:57 PM2/2/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar should do the trick.  Installation and setup instructions can be found at

darrell

Feb 3, 2012, 7:22:10 AM2/3/12
to webdriver
It should be noted that installing the developer toolbar is only
necessary for Internet Explorer 7. For IE8 and higher it is part of
the browser. You just need to press F12 to open it.

Darrell

On Feb 2, 7:05 pm, Robert <restag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar* should do the trick.  Installation

kishore 1988

Feb 3, 2012, 7:27:15 AM2/3/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply..

I am using IE 8, and the IE developer tool is installed..
But my doubt is, in FireFox with FireBug we dont need to find the xpath by traversing through the Html.
We just right click and copy the xpath. So it is pretty much simple.

so is there any way to find the xpath as we did in FireFox with FireBug.
Or we have to traverse through the HTML and find the xpath manually.
Do the IE developer tool have any options to find the xpath directly like FireBug.

Abhijeet Bedagkar

Feb 3, 2012, 8:20:36 AM2/3/12
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Right now as I know I dont know such tool that would give you dorect Xpath..But I can give a suggestion. If your application runs on both IE and Firefox then Check the Xpath of any element and directly execute the same on Ie..

I would say learn the Xpath pattern it is so easy once understood(I personally faced lot difficulty for Xpath when i was new to Webdriver) then you can do it on your own without a need of any tool.

sravya

Jun 23, 2013, 11:49:09 PM6/23/13
to webd...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem which you posted. Our application also works only on IE.
If at all you have  solution for getting Xpath using IE please help me.

Thanks,
Sravya.

David

Jun 29, 2013, 6:38:25 PM6/29/13