sendkeys to textarea not working with iedriver

Idan Shay

Jul 28, 2015, 6:25:35 AM7/28/15
to webdriver
Hi,

I am using the latest iedriver (32 bit).
In some cases when I use the sendKeys methos into textarea the text is written but when I make "Save" on the page the text I enter disappear.
In chrome it works OK.

What can cause this and how it can be solved ?

Thanks

darrell

Jul 29, 2015, 1:47:33 PM7/29/15
to webdriver, idan...@gmail.com
Nothing immediately comes to mind that you haven't already covered. I always make sure I have the correct version of Selenium, IEDriverServer.exe and Internet Explorer. Having the correct version of Selenium which goes with the correct version of IEDriverServer.exe might be an issue. If you are testing against IE11 make sure you have at least Selenium 2.44 or higher. Version 2.43 or 2.42 might work but I know for sure 2.44 works with IE11.

Are you launching the 32-bit version of IE11? I know on my current client they have two version of IE11 installed on Windows 7 but they messed with the image to make them both the 64-bit version of IE11. The 32-bit version of IEDriverServer.exe should work with 64-bit IE11 but that might be a factor.

Looking for differences is a good idea. I like the fact you recognize it works with Chrome but not IE. Talk to the developers and see if there is any difference in the libraries they are using between IE and Chrome. It has been a while since I've seen any "if IE then do X else do Y" type coding but you never know until you look.

That is all I have. See what other data you can dig out from the configuration.

Idan Shay

Jul 29, 2015, 4:11:57 PM7/29/15
to webdriver, darrell....@gmail.com
Hi,

From what I see it is working on regular textarea but on textarea that is part of kendo grid is not.
The send keys works but after clicking on save of the grid the data is not saved.
From what I understand there is some event that doesn't occur on the grid so the data in the textarea is not save.

How can I trigger event on the grid ?

Below is part of the html from the grid to the field

Thanks

darrell

Jul 29, 2015, 6:16:04 PM7/29/15
to webdriver, idan...@gmail.com
Maybe put a Keys.TAB on the end of the sendKeys(). Possibility tabbing out of the textarea element might trigger the event for the kendo grid.

Idan Shay

Jul 30, 2015, 8:35:54 AM7/30/15
to webdriver, darrell....@gmail.com
HI,

I found that the problem related to nativeEvents in IE.
I open new thread for that.

Thanks