org.openqa.selenium.remote.UnreachableBrowserException:

Priya K

Jul 21, 2016, 8:37:57 AM7/21/16
to webdriver
Can somebody help me to solve below issue. I am not able to open the browser.

Java code:
package selenium;
import org.openqa.selenium.WebDriver;
import org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriver;
import org.openqa.selenium.firefox.*;
import org.openqa.selenium.firefox.amd64.*;
import org.openqa.selenium.firefox.internal.*;
import org.openqa.selenium.firefox.x86.*;

public class mo1 {

// TODO Auto-generated method stub
try {
 WebDriver driver = new FirefoxDriver();
}
    catch (Exception anException)
    {
        anException.printStackTrace();
    }
}

Error Details:

org.openqa.selenium.remote.UnreachableBrowserException:
Could not start a new session.
Possible causes are invalid address of the remote server or browser start-up failure.

I have set the Path in System Variables also.

Bala Chandra Jasty

Jul 21, 2016, 10:26:56 AM7/21/16
to webd...@googlegroups.com
I don't think you told selenium to open a browser in the below code snippet. It's just instantiated.

Sent from my iPhone

darrell grainger

Jul 22, 2016, 8:32:05 AM7/22/16
to webdriver
There is insufficient information to help you. By the fact that you have numerous import statements which are totally unrelated to the code you posted I suspect there is a lot more to your issue and you decided to trim it down. However you have trimmed out too much.

praveen kumar cherukuri

Jul 22, 2016, 9:29:34 AM7/22/16
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The information provided is insufficient. Could you add the complete stacktrace please.

I observe that there are so many imports added in the code (in the import section). Try to run the code by removing unused import statements.

import statements for firefox and chrome are not harmful. But I'm suspicious on the AMD, internal and X86 packages.
But, its good to try without these imports.

If using eclipse - ctrl + shift + O
if Using intellij - ctrl + alt + L --> and check mark 'optimize the imports'

Would like to know the update from you once u try. Also, please share the stacktrace if it is still occuring.

/Praveen