"To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed earlier." how to stop this confirmation pop-up in Selenium?

Kanishk Jadhav

Feb 3, 2016, 12:26:28 AM2/3/16
to webdriver

I am not able to handle this confirmation alert using Alert function of Selenium webdriver. Can anyone provide work around to handle this or to stop this. Your help is very appreciated.

Subrat Jyetki

Feb 3, 2016, 12:33:41 AM2/3/16
to webdriver
Please elaborate

Kanishk Jadhav

Feb 3, 2016, 12:44:14 AM2/3/16
to webd...@googlegroups.com
"To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed earlier."
When I want to upload any file in my web application, new web window is launched. Upon uploading a file, control goes back to parent window, but mean while this pop-up is appearing.

I have tried to handle it using Alert function & AutoIT but it is not working.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 11:03 AM, Subrat Jyetki <subrat...@gmail.com> wrote:
Please elaborate

Subrat Jyetki

Feb 3, 2016, 1:32:06 AM2/3/16
to webdriver
is it a web based pop-up or windows based swing ?

Kanishk Jadhav

Feb 3, 2016, 1:49:34 AM2/3/16
to webd...@googlegroups.com
This pop-up is triggered by firefox.

Subrat Jyetki

Feb 3, 2016, 1:58:54 AM2/3/16
to webdriver
Just try

FirefoxProfile customProfile = new FirefoxProfile();
customProfile.setPreference("dom.disable_beforeunload", true);
FirefoxDriver driver = new FirefoxDriver(customProfile);

Kanishk Jadhav

Feb 3, 2016, 2:12:24 AM2/3/16
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Tried with this. But it is not working :(
Pop-up still coming.

Subrat Jyetki

Feb 3, 2016, 2:17:29 AM2/3/16
to webdriver
Please try

Robot robot = new Robot();
robot.keyPress(KeyEvent.VK_ENTER);

or

Robot robot = new Robot();
robot.keyPress(KeyEvent.VK_ESCAPE);

Kanishk Jadhav

Feb 3, 2016, 3:59:01 AM2/3/16
to webd...@googlegroups.com
Tried both Enter and Escape but didn't work.