Browser Autofill

John Meyer

Dec 22, 2014, 11:17:43 AM12/22/14
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
I figured I would start asking questions here so others can learn instead of emailing you all the time. :)

I have noticed that WC auto-fills browser fields with past entries by default.  I attached a screenshot where a previously entered username is being populated.  Can this be easily disabled?

John
IMAG1071.jpg

Kai Hendry

Dec 23, 2014, 1:40:52 AM12/23/14
to webc-users
Hi there John! Thanks for going public with this. :)

You should be able to toggle the preference using
browser.formfill.enable by putting that in a file, on a URL, and using
that with prefs= API.

E.g. prefs=http://prefs.webconverger.com/2014/eg.js

I don't have time to test this today.

But but, you should really be just closing the last tab and resetting
the session between different users though?

Happy holidays,

John Meyer

Dec 23, 2014, 8:52:24 AM12/23/14
to webc-...@googlegroups.com, hen...@webconverger.com
Thanks, that worked.

My users are punching in to a time clock by entering a username and password.  Kioskresetstation won't help because 15 people might run through the process in just a couple of minutes.

John