offline without internet connection

Tobias Vollmer

Mar 20, 2015, 11:02:35 AM3/20/15
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I want to use the webconverger offline but every boot I need a online internet connection?
Can I work with a PC that have an online internet connection?

Regards Tobias

Tobias Vollmer

Mar 20, 2015, 12:33:14 PM3/20/15
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
I will work with an offline PC!!

Kai Hendry

Mar 21, 2015, 12:54:28 AM3/21/15
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Webconverger can work work off the Internet and out of contact of
https://config.webconverger.com/ with a configuration like:

homepage=about:blank
noconfig

Which you could either pass on the syslinux command line or by the
configuration panel initially. If you run the install version and set
the configuration from the panel, it will be cached and from that point
on, it won't connect with https://config.webconverger.com/ again.

You might want this sort of configuration if you have some intranet, but
otherwise I do not recommend it. Since:

a) You cannot update your configuration again until you re-install
b) If you're not online, you can't upgrade.

I hope that help! Kind regards,

Tobias Vollmer

Mar 21, 2015, 9:16:00 AM3/21/15
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
I changed the config like yours:

homepage=about:blank
noconfig

start with wired connection and shutdown.
Next boot without wired connection and again it wont start...

What is wrong?

Kai Hendry

Mar 22, 2015, 9:42:20 PM3/22/15
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tobias,

I made a quick video to demonstrate exactly what I did:
http://s.natalian.org/2015-03-23/webcoffline.mp4

Kind regards,

Tobias Vollmer

Mar 23, 2015, 7:04:15 PM3/23/15
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
It works, I used a router without online connection and then it works :-)
Thank you for the help!