Firefox Addons

francois

Jan 25, 2011, 1:48:42 PM1/25/11
to Webconverger Users
When I'm going on the addons firefox website, I can choose and install
some plugins.
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/

And then, when I install an addon, I can also with iceweasel addons
window, disable Iceweasel.
And it's very not secure. :'-(

Because I can then use a complete Iceweasel with any restriction :
type, files, and download anything I want with this.

I know that the resetkioskstation option can re-initialize the firefox
options for each reboot of iceweaseal but it's not clean.

Can't we block addons installation with the .xpi extension ?

Thanks.

Francois Audirac

Jan 26, 2011, 10:08:07 AM1/26/11
to Webconverger Users
Le 25/01/2011 19:48, francois a �crit :

> When I'm going on the addons firefox website, I can choose and install
> some plugins.
> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/
>
> And then, when I install an addon, I can also with iceweasel addons
> window, disable Iceweasel.

I wanted say webconverger-addons, of course.

> And it's very not secure. :'-(

So I can then use a complete Iceweasel with any restriction when In
restart Iceweasel : type, files, and download anything I want with this.

Tested on Webconverger 7.1 iso :
1) I surf ont Firefox addons site
2) I install any addons, and disable webconverger addons
3) I restart Iceweasel et disable any addons like the first I install
4) I restart Iceweasel, and he's compl�te with any restrictions.. :-(

I think we can block addons installation with :
lockPref("xpinstall.enabled" ,false);

in some
/etc/iceweasel/pref/iceweasel.js
or another .js made by webconverger
I'm not an Iceweasel expert :-)

Bye.

Kai Hendry

Jan 29, 2011, 2:39:58 PM1/29/11
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm this bug Francois. Thanks for reporting!