Webconverger 210 Does not boot

gonedivin...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2013, 9:32:12 AM7/23/13
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
Howdy,

Downloaded latest version of WC twice and get the same issue on all CD's. After booting from the CD, I see:

ISOLINUX 6.01 2013-07-04 ETCD

on the screen, and it sits there doing nothing.

PC is a Dell Optiplex GX 620 with 1GB RAM.

Any ideas?

Kai Hendry

Jul 23, 2013, 12:29:16 PM7/23/13
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
Hey there!

In Webconverger 21, I did update the bootloader to syslinux 6 which I
did test boot in Virtualbox, though it's conceivable it does not work
in your case.

Could you please try:
http://archive.webconverger.com/webc-20.0.iso

Kind regards,

gonedivin...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2013, 1:15:29 PM7/24/13
to webc-...@googlegroups.com, hen...@webconverger.com
Afternoon Kai,

Grabbed V20 and it installed, almost.

Got the enclosed error.

Thanks.
2013-07-24 14.11.48.jpg

Kai Hendry

Jul 25, 2013, 1:46:37 AM7/25/13
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
Hello again,

Could you please try another USB stick? It looks like it has trouble
accessing / reading a file from the disk and hence the I/O error.

Kind regards,

gonedivin...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2013, 9:22:06 AM7/25/13
to webc-...@googlegroups.com, hen...@webconverger.com
Downloaded V20 again and reburned the CD to make sure it was not a corrupt ISO.

It errored out again, but this time gave me a memory error. I tested it and found a stick that had multiple errors. Replaced it and reloaded the V20. It installed fine.

Suggestion: It would be nice if you included MD5 sigs for your ISO's so we can test the validity of the ISO download before burning.

Cheers and thanks for the help.

Kai Hendry

Jul 26, 2013, 12:04:03 AM7/26/13
to webc-...@googlegroups.com
On 25 July 2013 21:22, <gonedivin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It errored out again, but this time gave me a memory error. I tested it and
> found a stick that had multiple errors. Replaced it and reloaded the V20. It
> installed fine.

Ah good.

> Suggestion: It would be nice if you included MD5 sigs for your ISO's so we
> can test the validity of the ISO download before burning.

That doesn't help us when you have bad media.

I do generally put in md5s in the release notes. I guess I could put a
md5s in the download directory somehow, but if people use the CDN they
would be oblivious to this. https://github.com/Webconverger/dl

I have a colleague who shipped the wrong signed md5s for a product for
ages and no one noticed. Ideally download managers could somehow do a
"double check" on a file and URL.

Kind regards,