How to remove Cache-Control: no-cache from response header?

Mariatta

Oct 18, 2012, 1:40:38 PM10/18/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
I'm having trouble serving an appengine blobstore over HTTPS, specifically with IE 8 & IE 7 browsers, as the browser just does not like to serve downloadable contents over https.
According to a couple microsoft articles, it's because of the Cache-Control: no-cache header.

The solution proposed in those articles is to remove the Cache-Control: no-cache header from the response.
However, it seems that webapp2 automatically adds this header even after I tried setting it to something else.

According to the source code, it seems to be added to every response

Is there a way to override this behavior?

This is what I tried to do when building my response, but still the 'Cache-Control: no-cache' would still be there once the response is rendered.

self.response.headers['Pragma'] = 'cache-control'
self.response.headers['Cache-Control'] = 'private'
self.response.cache_control.no_cache = None
self.response.cache_control.public = False
self.response.cache_control.max_age = 1