Volunteers for Madison Nonprofit Day, Tuesday 29 October 2013

Alnisa Allgood

Oct 17, 2013, 10:54:42 AM10/17/13
to SASYNA-Di...@yahoogroups.com, marqna, ei...@yahoogroups.com, Web608, Julie Andersen, Twink Jan-McMahon

Madison Nonprofit Day is looking for a cadre of volunteers to join our team to help make the Madison Nonprofit Day Conference and related Community Events a success. Volunteer shifts are as short as 2 hours. Most opportunities are on Tuesday, 29 October 2013 ( Day of Volunteers ), but we have a number of community events that occur before the 29th as well.

This is a great opportunity to attend the conference for FREE, since the free registration period has concluded and tickets are $25 till Monday, 21 October and $45 at the door. We've got a great line-up of professional development workshops that can be beneficial for anyone, but especially geared for neighborhood associations, community organizers, and nonprofit staff and volunteers.

A 2hr shift gets you in for free and access to any of the workshops and services. So check-out our opportunities: (see PDF attachment as well)

CONFERENCE HELPERS

Tuesday, October 29th

    • Registration / Check-In
    • Workshop Room Hosts
    • Photo/ Video
    • Friendly Networking Hosts
    • Speaker / Presenter Assistants
    • Information Table Staff
    • Exhibit Helpers
    • Data Entry

OTHER OPPORTUNITIES

Various October Dates

    • Community Event Helpers (attend event, take photos)
    • Media & PR Outreach
You can bypass our volunteer sessions, and sign-up via email to: madison.no...@gmail.com. Just include the position and times you want to volunteer, and we will follow-up with any additional details, and get you registered for the conference. Call (608) 241.3616 with questions.

Thank you,
Alnisa

Fall Into the Habit of Nourishing Madison's Nonprofits
Madison Nonprofit Day
Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Alnisa Allgood
Executive Director
Nonprofit Tech
t. 608.241.3616
e. aln...@nonprofit-tech.org

##############################

volunteer-signup.pdf

Robin Alexander

Oct 24, 2013, 9:38:19 PM10/24/13
to web...@googlegroups.com
Alnisa,

As you know I'm coming to NPD. It so happens I have time from now until the event so am available for a few hours of volunteering on the day (though I don't want to miss too much of the presentation) or before the event. Of the categories you presented I could do

      • Registration / Check-In
      • Workshop Room Hosts
      • Photo/ Video
      • Friendly Networking Hosts
      • Exhibit Helpers
      • Data Entry
    Robin Alexander
    658-7494

    Website: http://web608.org
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/web608
    Post: web...@googlegroups.com

    Eric Howland

    Oct 25, 2013, 9:38:44 AM10/25/13
    to web...@googlegroups.com

    I was going to try to get some audio recordings - see you have video in mind.   I can volunteer until mid afternoon (We have a program at Goodman with Girls Inc).

    allgood2

    Oct 25, 2013, 6:37:28 PM10/25/13
    to web...@googlegroups.com, Madison Nonprofit Day: Volunteers
    Hi Robin-

    Sorry for the delayed reply. Today's been crazy. How about one hour of data entry, that involves just uploading workshop PDF's, and one hour of registration / check-in. If you do the early bird check-in you'll miss no workshops. Otherwise, you'd want to look at the schedule and make sure you don't conflict with anything you want to watch.

    allgood2

    Oct 25, 2013, 6:39:45 PM10/25/13
    to web...@googlegroups.com, Madison Nonprofit Day: Volunteers
    Video or audio works for us. With audio, will upload to SoundCloud, like the radio show. With the video, we frequently clip and upload to YouTube. If you want to volunteer by doing audio recordings that works for us. Just tell us which workshops, so I can add you to the schedule.

    Alnisa

    Robin Alexander

    May 12, 2014, 10:15:45 AM5/12/14
    to web...@googlegroups.com
    Alnisa,

    Wow, I never saw this email. Very sorry for that oversight. Sometimes happens when I get swamped. I can’t seem to find the email you sent recently about the volunteer sessions with you. I am free Tue-Thurs this week and next week (same days). Otherwise what you suggested for 2013 would work fine. Can do more too.

    Robin A.