Fwd: [Mad-Railers] Madison Ruby Conference - Save the Dates! Aug (23), 24 & 25

Andy Bach

Jul 30, 2012, 10:49:52 AM7/30/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stephen Anderson <ste...@bendyworks.com>
Date: Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 3:35 PM
Subject: [Mad-Railers] Madison Ruby Conference - Save the Dates! Aug
(23), 24 & 25
To: mad-railers-list <mad-rail...@meetup.com>, mad-r...@googlegroups.com

Hey Mad-Railers!

Madison's very own world class Ruby conference is only a few weeks
away. Reserve the date. Order your ticket.
http://madisonruby.org/

Connect with regional and international members of the Ruby
development community, advance your skills and have a great time all
while helping promote Madison as a technical and creative city on par
with Austin or Portland.

Jen and Jim (and now Mariya and Crystal) of Sapling Events have been
working tirelessly to make this a great conference since before the
last Madison Ruby Conference even finished.

The conference takes place at Madison’s beautiful Overture Center for
the Arts. Sessions occur in the theater in the round, which totally
blows away the normal table and chairs set-up of other conferences.

There are 4 fantastic tutorial sessions on Thursday:

Advanced Git with Matthew McCullough of Github
RailsBridge Womens Outreach Workshop
Introduction to Ruby with Jeff Casimir
Design Eye for The Dev Guy or Gal

The main conference Friday and Saturday has fantastic sessions.
Sapling Events excels at bringing a variety of thought provoking
speakers to make you think about your craft in new and energizing
ways.

Jim and Jen put LOTS of time into planning the after-parties. Don't
make the mistake of missing these. They are your opportunity have a
blast, and make deeper friendships in the community. There is a
rooftop party featuring 2 live bands and a Whisky and Cheese pairing
on Saturday evening.

Disclaimer: Since this email gushes, let me clarify a bit: Bendyworks
and I do not have a financial interest in Sapling Events, or their
conferences. We sponsor them with time and money in support of the
goals of growing our local tech communities and putting Madison on the
map. Jim's passion and energy for community and conferences are also a
large part of why we asked him to be a partner at Bendyworks.

Thanks!
-Steve-

--
Stephen Anderson