Fwd: [MadCamp] BarCamp 2012 Status Update

Andy Bach

Jul 31, 2012, 11:50:02 AM7/31/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew Shell <and...@andrewshell.org>

Hey everybody, here's the current status of BarCamp Madison 2012.

http://barcampmadison.org/

We're having it on Aug 18th at the Engineering Centers Building.
We'll be sharing the space with the From Fumes to Funding; Incubate,
Accelerate, and Capital to Grow event which will be treated as one
morning track. It seems like a really good content fit and will
expand the barcamp audience to a wider group of people. This is
really exciting.

We need to get the word out though. As of right now I'm aware of 3
sponsors. The sponsorship amount has been lowered this year to $100
so more companies can contribute and be involved. If you have
connections to any companies that might be interested in sponsorship
please reach out to them and direct them to
http://barcampmadison.org/sponsors/

We also only have 8 people registered on the website. If you're
planning on attending please register. This is great social proof so
if someone shows up and is on the fence about attending, seeing a nice
big list of attendees will help encourage them to sign up. AFTER
you've registered if you could go to the website and click "Sessions"
and submit some session ideas to the google moderator that would be
great as well. Again, more social proof.

Please tweet/share/plus the website all over the interwebs. We're
going to have lots of space at the Engineering Centers Building so
let's be sure to fill it up!!!

http://barcampmadison.org/

Thanks,
Andrew Shell