formstyle strange behaviour

Paolo Amboni

Aug 21, 2015, 10:06:45 AM8/21/15
to web2py-users
I was just experimenting  different styles and i came across this strange behaviour:
if i put the formstyle='table3cols' the form appear different than without it!
So what is the default value?

Anthony

Aug 21, 2015, 10:41:09 AM8/21/15
to web2py-users
If no "formstyle" argument is provided, SQLFORM uses the value in response.formstyle. In the welcome app, that value is set in the db.py model file: https://github.com/web2py/web2py/blob/master/applications/welcome/models/db.py#L35. The value itself is stored in /private/appconfig.ini (https://github.com/web2py/web2py/blob/master/applications/welcome/private/appconfig.ini#L18) and is set to "bootstrap3_inline".

Anthony

Paolo Amboni

Aug 21, 2015, 4:50:08 PM8/21/15
to web2py-users
Interesting!! Is much more than i can understand from the manual.
I can set formstyle="bostrap3_horizontal" or "bootstrap3_vertical"
Thanks!!!

Anthony

Aug 21, 2015, 5:41:53 PM8/21/15
to web2py-users
Yes, unfortunately the book appears to be out of date with regard to formstyle.