fake_migrate bug on GAE

webm...@trytha.com

Jul 28, 2016, 4:33:01 AM7/28/16
to web2py-users
I realize this was a foolish mistake, but there really should be a way to fix it, and I believe there is not.

If you have fake_migrate=True and define a new table, then push to GAE, you will never be able to use that new table's name for anything else because GAE doesn't offer access to a directory storing the *.table files.  Any attempt to migrate after that will show the table doesn't exist (of course) and web2py will not attempt to create a table in SQL because it thinks it already exists.

Unless there's some other way to delete the table files from GAE?

webm...@trytha.com

Jul 29, 2016, 2:12:54 AM7/29/16
to web2py-users
In case someone runs across this, the only solution I've found is to set up an IPv4 connection to your Cloud SQL and connect from your local machine.  Then delete the ".table" entries corresponding to the pertinent tables from the web2py_filesystem table in your DB and run a regular migrate.

Massimo Di Pierro

Jul 29, 2016, 9:26:49 AM7/29/16
to web2py-users
Can you please open an issue?