IDE with debugging support for web2py

David Zejda

Apr 30, 2009, 4:26:31 PM4/30/09
to web...@googlegroups.com

DenesL

Apr 30, 2009, 9:17:46 PM4/30/09
to web2py Web Framework
If you are more interested in the debugging than on the IDE part then
you might want to include winpdb (.org) in your tests.

Randell

Jun 13, 2009, 2:09:21 AM6/13/09
to web2py Web Framework
Hi, I was googling for the comparison between PyDev and Wing IDE and
one of the results led me in this thread. I was wondering whether you
were able to compare PyDev and Wing IDE deeply and what the results
are. You response will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

On May 1, 4:26 am, David Zejda <d...@atlas.cz> wrote:

> Today I evaluated several Python IDEs, with results:
>
> Idle
>  for me, debugging does not work
>
> Eric4
>  debugging does not work, breakpoints in models and controllers
>  are silently passed over
>
> Netbeans/Python
>  debugging does not work; debugging session is terminated by error
>  during the web2py startup
>
> Wing IDE
>  debugging seems to work
>
> Eclipse/PyDev
>  debugging seems to work
>
> I'm going to examine the Eclipse/PyDev more deeply..
>
> D.
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -http://enigmail.mozdev.org

David Zejda

Jun 13, 2009, 5:49:20 PM6/13/09
to Randell, web...@googlegroups.com

Randell Benavidez

Jun 24, 2009, 6:23:52 AM6/24/09
to web2py Web Framework
When adding web2py as a new project in Eclipse, do you add the entire
web2py folder or just the applications folder or just the specific
applications?
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla -http://enigmail.mozdev.org

David Zejda

Jun 24, 2009, 7:02:24 AM6/24/09