plugins

Massimo Di Pierro

Mar 11, 2011, 9:48:26 AM3/11/11
to web2py-users
I did a very poor job at keeping track of community created plugins.

If you are aware of a plugin for web2py that is not listed on
http://web2py.com/plugins can please add a link to this thread with a
small description?

Massimo

Anthony

Mar 12, 2011, 1:08:53 AM3/12/11
to web...@googlegroups.com
Here are some plugins, appliances, and tools/utilities that I don't think are linked anywhere from web2py.com. Just some links I've collected, so not sure about the status/quality of most of these.

Plugins:

Appliances:

Anthony

Mar 12, 2011, 1:31:09 AM3/12/11
to web...@googlegroups.com
There are also a few things on web2pyslices.com:
I'm not sure the latter three are official plugins (as defined in ch. 13), but may be worth listing anyway.

Anthony

selecta

Mar 22, 2011, 8:51:43 AM3/22/11
to web2py-users
For the the pyMantis project I created the following plugins. Since
they are integrated into the access management of pyMantis some of
them will need some small modifications to make them work with other
applications.

download the web2py app package from, the os releases are currently
broken but will be fixed in the next days
http://pymantis.org/pymantis_server/plugin_release/download

plugin_calendar
just a test to use the jquery calendar plugin, and some code of the
calendar app (???) to create a google like calendar (will need much
more development)

plugin_chat
fb like chat plugin, but for all registered users in one chat (uses
simple polling and has some z-index issues, but is already quite cool)

plugin_comments
my version of the comment plugin (not so great)

plugin_doc
should automatically create documentation of your web2py app using
docstrings (will need much more work, since lib2to3 has to be used
(inspection does not work on web2py apps) and I got tied up with other
things, but I guess it will be worth it if you need a good looking
documentation of you web2py app code)

plugin_filepreview
create HTML previews of filetypes pdf, doc, xls, images,

plugin_forcedirected
create forecedirected graphs in your browser using html5 canvas

plugin_useradmin
a nice visual use admin (create users, edit userinformation, create
groups, add/remove users to/from group, block/unblock/validate
users, ...)

plugin_mailinglist
creates a mailinglist/group similar to this one (still under
development)

plugin_release
this is the latest one, and I am quite proud of it
creates releases of your software (standalone win, src/linux, mac -
w2p packages) with a client and a server instance that allows clients
to automatically check for updates of your web2py app with a nice
"update" button

plugin_restapidoc
create a nice looking documentation of your web2py REST interface

plugin_tagging
Tagging plugin, this is not the same as the one that is on the plugin
list. This one allows you to put multiple tag clouds and forms on one
page, it is uses specific and only works for logged in uses.

plugin_tagging_hyperlink
similar to the above but for hyperlinks

plugin_tagging_miriam
similar to the above but for MIRIAM annotations (http://biomodels.net/
miriam/) needs libSBAnnotation (svn it from https://sourceforge.net/projects/semanticsbml/)
in your site-packages (still under development)

plugin_tagging_pubmed
similar to the above, it uses the PubMed REST interface to get papers
from keyword or DOI/pubmed ids

plugin_tracker
bug tracker (got bored developing it so it is not so good, also
depends on plugin_comments...)

plugin_webfolder
creates a win explorer like webinterface where you can upload your
files into a treebases folder structure, use drag and drop to move
files, used plugin_filepreview to view files (itegrates with the
pyMantis access management, so you will have to modify this plugin if
you want to use this in another app)

Anthony

Mar 22, 2011, 11:15:11 AM3/22/11
to web...@googlegroups.com, selecta
Thanks, selecta, this is a great gift to the community. I like how you made your application so modular by building plugins, which can then be shared with the rest of us. Kudos.

Anthony

Will Stevens

Mar 25, 2011, 2:11:58 PM3/25/11
to web2py-users
I have a plugin that I wrote that I thought other people may
appreciate.

How do I make it accessible to people? When I go to http://www.web2py.com/appliances
and login, I cannot find how I add my plugin.

Thanks,

Will

Arun K.Rajeevan

Mar 25, 2011, 4:11:37 PM3/25/11
to web...@googlegroups.com, Will Stevens
http://www.web2pyslices.com/main/default/index post it there.
for a plugin that's the better place.

Will Stevens

Mar 25, 2011, 4:31:09 PM3/25/11
to web...@googlegroups.com, Arun K.Rajeevan
From what I can tell there is no way for me to upload the plugin there either.

Am I just missing something?

Will

Arun K.Rajeevan

Mar 26, 2011, 1:35:28 PM3/26/11
to web...@googlegroups.com, Arun K.Rajeevan, Will Stevens
Yes and no.
You can post the code there, if that's fine.

Yes, you can't upload a plugin as a zip, w2p or anything such.
It'll be a good idea to upload the code to github or bitbucket and link to the repo in web2pyclices along with some examples on how to put your plugin to any use.

Hope, this helps.

Will Stevens

Mar 26, 2011, 5:58:25 PM3/26/11
to web...@googlegroups.com, Arun K.Rajeevan
Alright, I will set something up for sharing code with you guys...

Thanks...

Anthony

Apr 12, 2011, 5:37:29 PM4/12/11
to web...@googlegroups.com
Let's add Martin's Powerpack to the list: https://bitbucket.org/mulonemartin/powerpack/wiki/Home

Anthony

May 14, 2011, 6:05:07 PM5/14/11
to web...@googlegroups.com
web2py Plugin for jQuery Mobile: http://web2py.com/plugins/plugin_jqmobile/about

luis diaz

May 17, 2011, 4:52:33 PM5/17/11
to web...@googlegroups.com
+1
Congratulations!
excellent work

José L.

Jun 20, 2011, 2:32:11 AM6/20/11
to web...@googlegroups.com
selecta, the downloads from http://pymantis.org/pymantis_server/plugin_release/download don't work in any of its versions.
Do you have some control version system where I could take a look to these plugins?

Thanks.

selecta

Jun 20, 2011, 7:40:32 AM6/20/11
to web2py-users

On Jun 20, 8:32 am, José L. <jredr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> selecta, the downloads fromhttp://pymantis.org/pymantis_server/plugin_release/downloaddon't work in
> any of its versions.
i know but the strange thing is that i works from some locations (all
that i have access to :( ) and others not (download stalls at 99%)
it is extremely difficult to debug this since i do not have access to
a location where this happens

> Do you have some control version system where I could take a look to these
> plugins?
>
> Thanks.
here you go
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tlc2/
i know i really need to clean up the project and make it nice and
available, but unfortunatly this is beyond my time constraints right
now

there are two more plugins now in pyMantis

plugin_issue
create, edit and comment issue tickets, attach w2p error tickets to
issues (so you can see the stack traces), automatically show and
create issue tickets and status if a w2p error ticket is created (need
redirect on yourapp/500), server client issue tracking with the
ability to send issue tickets to a main server (aka do you want to
send your bug report to ...), rating of issues, tagging of
issues, ....
most of the nice features are hard to demo since I do not want to
expose the w2p error tickets

plugin_wishlist
a rather project specific plugin to track wishes assign them to people
and comment them. if the wish is fulfilled you can mark it as closed.
It is similar to the issue tracker but alot more simple since it is
not made for IT stuff.

José Luis Redrejo Rodríguez

Jun 20, 2011, 12:14:15 PM6/20/11
to web...@googlegroups.com
2011/6/20 selecta <gr...@delarue-berlin.de>:

> On Jun 20, 8:32 am, José L. <jredr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> selecta, the downloads fromhttp://pymantis.org/pymantis_server/plugin_release/downloaddon't work in
>> any of its versions.
> i know but the strange thing is that i works from some locations (all
> that i have access to :( ) and others not (download stalls at 99%)
> it is extremely difficult to debug this since i do not have access to
> a location where this happens
>
>> Do you have some control version system where I could take a look to these
>> plugins?
>>
>> Thanks.
> here you go
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/tlc2/
> i know i really need to clean up the project and make it nice and
> available, but unfortunatly this is beyond my time constraints right
> now

Thanks

> there are two more plugins now in pyMantis
>
> plugin_issue
> create, edit and comment issue tickets, attach w2p error tickets to
> issues (so you can see the stack traces), automatically show and
> create issue tickets and status if a w2p error ticket is created (need
> redirect on yourapp/500), server client issue tracking with the
> ability to send issue tickets to a main server (aka do you want to
> send your bug report to ...), rating of issues, tagging of
> issues, ....
> most of the nice features are hard to demo since I do not want to
> expose the w2p error tickets
>
> plugin_wishlist
> a rather project specific plugin to track wishes assign them to people
> and comment them. if the wish is fulfilled you can mark it as closed.
> It is similar to the issue tracker but alot more simple since it is
> not made for IT stuff.

I'm very interested in the users_admin plugin because this is a
feature needed in most of my projects and using the current
appadmin.py application is not an option for the end user.
If I find any bug, would you like me to send it to you (I've already
find one at line 235 of controllers/plugin_doc.py, an unneeded comma
at the beginning of the SPAN tag)

Regards.

selecta

Jun 20, 2011, 6:43:14 PM6/20/11
to web2py-users
> If I find any bug, would you like me to send it to you
yes :D please post them here http://pymantis.org/pymantis_server/plugin_issue/index

Anthony

Jun 29, 2011, 11:24:58 AM6/29/11
to web...@googlegroups.com
Adding to the plugins thread...

PowerFormWizard:

Thanks, Bruno.

Anthony

Jul 8, 2011, 4:26:13 PM7/8/11
to web...@googlegroups.com

Bill Thayer

Feb 14, 2012, 1:26:09 PM2/14/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
Broken link

Alan Etkin

Mar 14, 2012, 7:38:45 PM3/14/12
to web2py-users
A multi user role based plugin for application translations

http://code.google.com/p/plugin-multitranslate/

Translator and manager tutorials (in english):

http://code.google.com/p/plugin-multitranslate/wiki/TranslatorTutorial
http://code.google.com/p/plugin-multitranslate/wiki/ManagersTutorial

On 14 feb, 15:26, Bill Thayer <bill.tha...@live.com> wrote:
> Broken link

A K S V Vijay

Mar 21, 2012, 5:51:57 AM3/21/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hi Massimo,
                       I'm new to web2py framework. I have started learning the framework recently. We are doing a cloud based project that has to be deployed on Google App Engine. Could you suggest some important things that I need to take care when developing in web2py aiming to deploy on GAE ?

Anthony

Mar 21, 2012, 8:40:03 AM3/21/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
There's a "Deploying on Google App Engine" section at the end of this chapter in the book: http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/13

A K S V Vijay

Mar 21, 2012, 10:03:53 AM3/21/12
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Anthony for your reply
--
A K S V Vijay.

Andrew Andreyev

Feb 12, 2017, 11:05:50 PM2/12/17
to web2py-users
When I click on this link I get:

Internal error

Ticket issued: unrecoverable

Joe Barnhart

Feb 19, 2017, 5:04:48 PM2/19/17
to web2py-users
One would think a wiki might be useful to collect plugin information....

;-)

Joe

Ben Lawrence

Feb 26, 2017, 1:06:43 PM2/26/17
to web2py-users
or adding them to the web2py account on GitHub?