European General data protection act and web2py

BlueShadow

May 18, 2018, 3:40:58 AM5/18/18
to web2py-users
Hi,
I am using a fairly old version of web2py since the page is running since 2012 I haven't done many updates. (since I ran into a world of trouble last time I tried to upgrade it I stayed at version 2.14.6)

Can you tell me if the web2py is using cookies?
Has anyone a cookie warning implemented or any other thing.
what would be the least anoying way to implement it?

António Ramos

May 18, 2018, 7:50:16 AM5/18/18
to web...@googlegroups.com
you can check if web2py is using cookies
Just open dev console and find the cookie session_id...

Also google for cookie policy , you will find a lot of examples on the internet just google for examples and create one that suits your needs and meets the GDPR regulation..

Regards

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

Donald McClymont

May 19, 2018, 7:17:21 PM5/19/18
to web2py-users
I just went with cookie consent - from github - it just goes into layout.html and is only about 5 lines for simple setup - all JavaScript but works fine with Web2py.

Massimo Di Pierro

Jun 1, 2018, 4:10:02 PM6/1/18
to web2py-users
yes. web2py uses cookies by default for sessions.

Leonel Câmara

Jun 4, 2018, 9:32:47 AM6/4/18
to web2py-users
Note that the way web2py uses cookies by default, which is simply to make forms safe. Is allowed and does not requires an explicit consent for cookies, even under the new GDPR rules.

Massimo Di Pierro

Jun 4, 2018, 9:44:15 AM6/4/18
to web2py-users
Thanks for clarifying this Leonel. I am glad GDPR makes an exception for this.