Customizing registration fields for linkedin login

John Costantino

May 12, 2015, 1:07:39 PM5/12/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
I have my application currently logging in and registering with linkedin. But when I register only a select few fields get filled. (first name, last name, email). I would like to also get the users public-url on registration. I am not sure how to do this. Is it possible for me to custom map specific info to the registration form? Anyone have any input on this? Thanks.

黄祥

May 12, 2015, 5:56:58 PM5/12/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
had you modified the auth_users table?

ref:
http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/09/access-control#Customizing-Auth

best regards,
stifan

John Costantino

May 13, 2015, 10:28:43 AM5/13/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that is correct. I added extra fields using the auth.settings.extra_fields['']. So the table is able to support the extra ones I need. My issue is more so with making sure that when logging with the linkedin API. I need to be sure to get the rest of the information from the API, such as the public-url, and then map those to the correct extra fields which where set by myself in the auth.users table.

John Costantino

May 29, 2015, 10:56:35 AM5/29/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Just giving this a Bump. Would really love a resolution to this one. Thanks guys.

Derek

May 29, 2015, 12:09:01 PM5/29/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
What don't you understand?

Step 2 - Retrieve basic profile data

Once you have obtained a valid access token for the user, you can use the following REST API call to retrieve basic profile data for the user:

sample api response
{
  "firstName": "Frodo",
  "headline": "2nd Generation Adventurer",
  "id": "1R2RtA",
  "lastName": "Baggins",
  "siteStandardProfileRequest": {
    "url": "https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=…"