Compile controller and module files only

Tom Clerckx

Oct 6, 2017, 4:10:57 AM10/6/17
to web2py-users
Is it possible to compile an application, but keep the views and the CSS 'uncompiled'?
The idea is that other people can change the look and feel without having access to the code of the controllers and the models.

Best regards,
Tom.

Anthony

Oct 6, 2017, 10:23:53 AM10/6/17
to web2py-users
On Friday, October 6, 2017 at 4:10:57 AM UTC-4, Tom Clerckx wrote:
Is it possible to compile an application, but keep the views and the CSS 'uncompiled'?
The idea is that other people can change the look and feel without having access to the code of the controllers and the models.

Sure, just compile that app and delete all the compiled view files. CSS files aren't compiled, so no need to do anything with them.

Anthony

Tom Clerckx

Oct 9, 2017, 4:26:20 AM10/9/17
to web2py-users
That does not seem to work for me .... I'm getting an "invalid view" error after removing the compiled view files....

FYI, I'm runnning version

2.9.5-stable+timestamp.2014.03.16.02.35.39

Tom Clerckx

Oct 9, 2017, 4:37:14 AM10/9/17
to web2py-users
Update:
It works fine on the latest web2py release - that works for me.

Thanks.