Google Application Engine return Hello world

kawate

Jun 29, 2015, 3:08:19 AM6/29/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Deploying test application ends well but only returns 'Hello world!' from server(local host and google). I expect well known welcome page.
I tried deployment both thru web2py.py and gae launcher, results are same.
I did not change any but on app.yaml application ID as attached.
Thank you in advance.

ScreenShot 2015-06-29 15.49.07.png
app.yaml

Massimo Di Pierro

Jun 29, 2015, 3:22:46 AM6/29/15
to web...@googlegroups.com, yutaka...@gmail.com
what is the "test application"?

kawate

Jun 29, 2015, 5:20:48 PM6/29/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
test application is just as downloaded from web2py website.

kawate

Jun 30, 2015, 8:29:56 AM6/30/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
To reproduce this problem, download the source version of web2py on Mac, update application id on the app.example.yaml (change the file name to app.yaml)and deploy thru web2py admin or google application launcher.
Request <applicaion id>.appspot.com will return Hello world!.

Sébastien

Jun 30, 2015, 1:29:50 PM6/30/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Did you copy "gaehandler.py" in the root folder?

I would first debug the app in the local Google SDK before deploying it.

kawate

Jul 1, 2015, 2:37:20 AM7/1/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Yes I did and test is done on local host

Ramkrishan Bhatt

Jul 1, 2015, 7:30:13 AM7/1/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Yes even i experienced same with latest google cloud sdk and web2py one day before some docker problem was there, but it got resolve now , i guess there some change in configuration. Please correct me for same. Also need to update the web2py document as GAE modified the UI and services.

Ramkrishan Bhatt

Jul 1, 2015, 7:51:42 AM7/1/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Correction , I was using old Google Cloud sdk 1.9.21 thats was having bug refer this<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28879485/unable-to-start-appengine-application-after-updating-it-via-google-cloud-sdk>
Now its working fine with me i deployed http://peaceful-app-98605.appspot.com/ you can go through it.
Please check gaehandler.py in root folder and routs.py with app.yaml file.

kawate

Jul 2, 2015, 7:18:56 PM7/2/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Thank you