Multilingual static on GAE problem

Sébastien Loix

Jun 26, 2015, 4:36:56 PM6/26/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Hello to all,

When I set the src of my static image with the helper {{=URL('static', 'img/logo.png', scheme=True, host=True)}} I get this path in my view:

The language "en" is not routed like it should (and said in the manual) to

as there isn't a "en" folder in my static

It seems to be a GAE specific problem as mentioned in this thread (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/web2py/gae$20router$20language$20static/web2py/BegoBS85Itg/Mv1YQDWZak4J) but I can't get the new regex (from David Sorrentino) to work in my app.yaml

I added (without succes) this rule into it:

- url: /(?P<a>.+?)/.{2}/static/(?P<b>.+) static_files: applications/\1/static/\2 upload: applications/(.+?)/static/(.+) secure: optional expiration: "365d"

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated
Thanks!

PS: This is happening locally in the GAE sdk

Sébastien

Jun 29, 2015, 10:12:31 AM6/29/15
to web...@googlegroups.com
Could we say that it is a bug on GAE and that for now it is not possible to have translated static assets when deployed on Google?
Should I report it somewhere or maybe explain better the issue for a future fix?

Thanks!