deploy to pythonanywhere broken in >= 2.14.x version

黄祥

Apr 19, 2016, 11:44:08 PM4/19/16
to web2py-users
just want to report deploy to pythonanywhere is broken in >= 2.14.x version
no error traceback occured, yet the result is not expected.
usually the button show working in a couple minutes (depends on the apps deployed), yet in the 2.14.x version, the button show working just in few seconds, yet in the pythonanywere shows nothing for the uploaded apps.

thanks and best regards,
stifan

Leonel Câmara

Apr 20, 2016, 7:34:23 AM4/20/16
to web2py-users
Weird we didn't do any changes on our side. It was probably a temporary error, I just tested deploying an application and it worked.

Giles Thomas

Apr 20, 2016, 10:58:15 AM4/20/16
to web2py-users
PythonAnywhere dev here -- we did have a four-minute outage at 04:11 UTC this morning, perhaps that was it?

黄祥

Apr 20, 2016, 3:53:17 PM4/20/16
to web2py-users
yes, you all right, it back to normal right now, perhaps about the outage, but the same behaviour is still exist :

Giles Thomas

Apr 21, 2016, 10:03:55 AM4/21/16
to web2py-users
Sorry, I'm a bit confused -- you seem to be saying in the first sentence that it is working, then in the second one that it isn't...?

Giles

黄祥

Apr 21, 2016, 7:45:22 PM4/21/16
to web2py-users
pardon me, on the first post, i've tried several times to deploy on pythonanywhere, before i post in this group :
- using web2py 2.14.5 test deploy 1 app and 3 apps, the result is not expected
- turn off web2py 2.14.5 on my local and switch back to 2.14.4 repeat test deploy 1 app and 3 apps, the result is not expected

after saw your message (several hours later)
- i tested it again and it's work, perhaps the problem is on outage.

for the strange behaviour :
usually the button show working in a couple minutes (depends on the apps deployed), yet in the 2.14.x version, the button show working just in few seconds, yet in the pythonanywere shows nothing for the uploaded apps.
i mean in the 2.13.x version, the button text will show 'working' while the deploying process, after it's done, the button text back to 'deploy' or 'submit'
in 2.14.x version, the button text only show 'working' only several secs after that the button text back to 'deploy' or 'submit'
so i think it's not convinience since the user doesn't know either the deployed is still in process or finished. to face this, the user who deployed to pythonanywhere must open the pythonanywhere admin too, and refresh it several times, to check the apps is deployed or not.

thanks and best regards,
stifan

Giles Thomas

Apr 28, 2016, 12:44:43 PM4/28/16
to web2py-users
OK, thanks for the clarification.  Leonel -- we're not seeing any errors on our side, and I don't think we've changed anything in the API -- we certainly haven't changed anything deliberately.  Can you think of anything that might be causing this?

Leonel Câmara

Apr 28, 2016, 12:55:38 PM4/28/16
to web2py-users
Seems like a javascript issue as the problem seems to be only in the UI as the deploy button is becoming available sooner than it should. Strange. since everything worked well before and we didn't change anything in that particular code. I'll look into it.