Multiple domains nginx/uwsgi?

pbreit

Apr 23, 2018, 3:36:30 PM4/23/18
to web2py-users
What's the current advice on running multiple domains on one server having setup with this script:

Richard Vézina

Apr 23, 2018, 3:56:16 PM4/23/18
to web2py-users
It depends, are you going to have SSL certificates??, 1 or multiples?? If you reuse the same I suggest  you configure your different site with individual subdomain name and create a single certificate for all the subdomain. If you have single certificate, so multiple certificate for same IP, you will need to look on the side of SNI SSL cerficiates and how to create those... Once the SSL part is done it pretty straigh foward to configure nginx, you almost basically just copy/paste your server block and adapt it with particular certificates locations and url parsing...

Richard

--
Resources:
- http://web2py.com

pbreit

Apr 23, 2018, 7:20:07 PM4/23/18
to web2py-users
I was thinking something like that. I occasionally run across the uwsgi "vassals" thing and was wondering if I should be doing that.

Just started using Lets Encrypt (with Digital Ocean HowTo) which seems to be working OK. Will see upon renewal. Thx.

Richard Vézina

Apr 23, 2018, 9:18:15 PM4/23/18
to web2py-users
The most complicated part is to properly craft the OpenSSL command to properly get you SSL certificate to be signed, but if you use Lets Encrypt, I guess it easier then... I answer an other thread recently with the command that I had use for multiple subdomain certificate, that I had work an lot of time to work around the issue existing at the time with OpenSSL as there were some kind of bug that wasn't fix for a long time...

In uwsgi, you mostly go there only to tweak the config for performance...

If you use only one certificate for multiple subdomain and you are not the only one using the sites, I guess you better read about how manage security related to such kind of deployment.

Richard